Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11 Likes  #1
Iceland while hiking
Lens: various Camera: K5 II 
Posted By: jochenmaas, 03-13-2018, 04:32 PM

Amazing landscapes during our hiking holiday in Iceland! I love the strange colour combinations from the volcanic stones and the very green grass on top of it.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II  Photo 

Last edited by pjv; 03-13-2018 at 11:21 PM. Reason: Does not fit with Backyard Animals contest rules
Views: 454
03-14-2018, 02:37 AM   #2

Photos: Gallery
Great places! Thx. Hope I was there too..
03-14-2018, 03:39 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Very nice. Thanks for sharing. LOVE that last one.
03-14-2018, 04:19 AM   #4

Breathtaking.

Mountains at the distance look a bit like brush painted. Was it a modification of the picture or they really looked that way?

03-14-2018, 04:59 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I have only been there in winter when I was really impressed with what you could see, must go again in the summer, great shots.
03-14-2018, 09:30 AM   #6
Pentaxian

Gorgeous. I know this isn't a travel forum, but did you go on a tour or do the hikes on your own? Where were the hikes? I would love to do something like this. Really beautiful photos.
03-14-2018, 03:02 PM   #7

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by sealonsf Quote
Gorgeous. I know this isn't a travel forum, but did you go on a tour or do the hikes on your own? Where were the hikes? I would love to do something like this. Really beautiful photos.
Thanks for the comments! We do all our hikes alone (me and my wife), but it needs some planning before. The region of the photos was Landmannalaugar, a famous hiking trail of 1 week that everyone in good shape can do.
03-14-2018, 06:00 PM   #8
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by jochenmaas Quote
Thanks for the comments! We do all our hikes alone (me and my wife), but it needs some planning before. The region of the photos was Landmannalaugar, a famous hiking trail of 1 week that everyone in good shape can do.
Thank you. I'll check that out.

03-15-2018, 07:17 AM   #9
Pentaxian

Excellent photos of Iceland! From what I’ve seen from various other photographers it is very difficult to extract great looking images from the general gloom and murk in that place .... most photos I’ve seen on the forums shot in Iceland have no real quality of light at all with which to make an image. Yours are different, great use of depth and layers of contrasting tones that compensates massively for the poor light, and you are right to highlight the unique colours, which you bring out nicely.

You make me almost believe it could be worth the expense to go there for photography, about which I admit up to now I have been wholly unconvinced.