Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
3 Likes  #1
Fun Aftermath of a Nor'Easter
Lens: DA 20-40 f/2.8-4.0 Limited Camera: KP Photo Location: Liberty, Maine ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: 1/1250s Aperture: F7.1 
Posted By: SSGGeezer, 03-15-2018, 09:20 AM

The owner of one of our local cafes decided to put the 12 foot high snowbank in her parking lot to good use by taking her staff out to build a snowman with Donut eyes. Here are Lori and Paige up on the hill. A fourth Nor'easter is likely next week so I am having a laugh before I cry. (If it happens that is.)

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX KP  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX KP  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX KP  Photo 

Views: 1,019
03-15-2018, 09:48 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Great shots! Looks cold but fun. My daughter lives in Connecticut and now has a real appreciation of Nor'easters - something my wife and I learned when we lived in Boston back in the day.

Jer
03-15-2018, 05:25 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by SSGGeezer Quote
The owner of one of our local cafes decided to put the 12 foot high snowbank in her parking lot to good use by taking her staff out to build a snowman with Donut eyes. Here are Lori and Paige up on the hill. A fourth Nor'easter is likely next week so I am having a laugh before I cry. (If it happens that is.)
Brrrrr. I hate to tell you this, but I just mowed and edged my lawn yesterday, Today's temperature is pretty warm, I was out in the yard in short sleeves. Greetings from Vancouver Island.
03-15-2018, 05:55 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I am a bit jealous! I have only been to Eastern BC out by Kootenay Lake and Nelson area. Never made it to Vancouver even when we lived in Washington State. I have shoveled in a t-shirt this year but the sun was out and I was sweating like a politician under indictment so it probably doesn't count. We have had several days of no jacket weather but this is what I have come to expect here.

03-16-2018, 03:38 AM   #5
Veteran Member

It's nice to see someone smiling through all this. We've got three feet of snow in the yard, with drifts over four feet! I am SO sick of snowblowing I'm ready to jump off a snowbank.
03-16-2018, 11:26 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by kyricom Quote
It's nice to see someone smiling through all this. We've got three feet of snow in the yard, with drifts over four feet! I am SO sick of snowblowing I'm ready to jump off a snowbank.
Does your snowblower's drive wheels engage? Mine doesn't and I have been forced to manhandle it into 3 foot drifts causing severe pain in my elbows. I hope the next one misses us, there isn't enough Motrin for the pain after blowing and shoveling.
03-18-2018, 06:35 AM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Here in Halifax we found ourselves on the warm side of the 3 Nor'easter's that hit New England quite hard with all the snow. We mostly ended up with the precipitation you don't have to shovel combined with close to category 1 or 2 hurricane force winds and some of the most powerful storm surges ever recorded.
On many of the coastal beach roads equipment normally used to plow snow had to be used to plow large beach rocks (50-100 lbs and larger) off the road thrown there by the surf some 100 to 150 ft above the normal high tide line for the beach.
Roofing contractors around here have been kept very busy replacing shingles or re-shingling complete roofs damaged by the high winds left without the benefit of a snow cap to protect them

03-18-2018, 06:47 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by NS_Sailor Quote
Here in Halifax we found ourselves on the warm side of the 3 Nor'easter's that hit New England quite hard with all the snow. We mostly ended up with the precipitation you don't have to shovel combined with close to category 1 or 2 hurricane force winds and some of the most powerful storm surges ever recorded.
On many of the coastal beach roads equipment normally used to plow snow had to be used to plow large beach rocks (50-100 lbs and larger) off the road thrown there by the surf some 100 to 150 ft above the normal high tide line for the beach.
Roofing contractors around here have been kept very busy replacing shingles or re-shingling complete roofs damaged by the high winds left without the benefit of a snow cap to protect them

Wow! That is pretty wild weather. Hope we are done but is does not appear to be so. Strange that it was rain for you and snow for me here to the south. Gulf stream effect perhaps?
12 to 18 inches coming in 3 or 4 days again.
06-14-2018, 10:38 AM   #9
Pentaxian

These images are a real endorsement for the KP - sharp and it provided the Dynamic Range you needed.