I Like'em W I D E
Posted By: daacon, 09-03-2008, 08:50 PM

From a walk about ce soir ... DA 12-24

click on image for larger view

Views: 3,774
09-05-2008, 03:33 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Nice shots Dave... I have the same lens though still no camera. Now Pentax cannot find it though they signed for it! As the stomach turns. That's now 10 days without the camera. Its killing me looking at all these great shots and not having anything to post. JIMBO

09-05-2008, 04:37 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Great shots Dave

like the second one best

Neil
09-05-2008, 05:34 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Jimbo Quote
Nice shots Dave... I have the same lens though still no camera. Now Pentax cannot find it though they signed for it! As the stomach turns. That's now 10 days without the camera. Its killing me looking at all these great shots and not having anything to post. JIMBO
Thanks Jimbo that sucks !!! I had a similar issue last winter - had to send the Penatx in and I got the standard 6-8 weeks story - well with xmas comming and a trip to Mexico I caved and bought another K10 - so you are a better man than me - Hopefully it will work out and the newly serviced K10D will be back with it's rightlfully owner sooner than later.

QuoteOriginally posted by nulla Quote
Great shots Dave
like the second one best
Neil
Thanks Neil comments are appreciated.
09-05-2008, 06:38 PM   #19
Veteran Member

NIce work I am not a wide shooter but sometimes it catches my fancy. Nice series

09-06-2008, 06:14 PM   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
lombard street for dave

Dave

made the mistake of only allowing time in the afternooon, so had to deal with bad lighting, this shoudl be a morning shot, or after twilight perhaps

It is a real interesting place to visit. Ideally, the best photo would be from a balcony, but you would need to be friendly with the owners
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K10D  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K10D  Photo 
09-06-2008, 06:23 PM   #21
Pentaxian

I'm late, but agree with all the comments about the 2nd one, an awesome shot!

Bill
09-06-2008, 07:42 PM   #22
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Way cool Lowell - I have to get there next time. Man that street is narrow and zig and zag - I imagine myself going down that on Roller Blades wahoooooo but great fun until I had to stop

Bill - thanks for the comments it's appreaciated.

09-06-2008, 10:31 PM   #23
Veteran Member

QuoteQuote:
had to send the Penatx in and I got the standard 6-8 weeks story - well with xmas comming and a trip to Mexico I caved and bought another K10 - so you are a better man than me - Hopefully it will work out and the newly serviced K10D will be back with it's rightlfully owner sooner than later.
I am very close to deciding on a K20D. I will make a decision next week depending on what Pentax tells me. I was also waiting on what the new releases were later this month.. I also have the Sigma 70-200 2.8 on order and a 2x converter.... May need to slow down until next year. Cheers and take care. JIMBO
09-07-2008, 06:20 AM   #24
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

I am very close to deciding on a K20D. I will make a decision next week depending on what Pentax tells me. I was also waiting on what the new releases were later this month.. I also have the Sigma 70-200 2.8 on order and a 2x converter.... May need to slow down until next year. Cheers and take care. JIMBO
I'm in a similar situation but for a different reason. I want a back up body and have enough for another K10D but I keep holding back wonder if I should wait for the show or just save a little more for a K20D.
09-07-2008, 08:01 AM   #25
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by daacon Quote
Way cool Lowell - I have to get there next time. Man that street is narrow and zig and zag - I imagine myself going down that on Roller Blades wahoooooo but great fun until I had to stop
one word of advice if you plan to do this- INSURANCE!
QuoteQuote:

Bill - thanks for the comments it's appreaciated.
I need to spend a little time on the travel forum to update the san francisco trip with some useful hints about what to see and where, based on my trip, but enough about this, I am hijacking your thread
09-07-2008, 10:03 AM   #26
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Hijack away ! It bumps me to the top like this shamless reply hahah

I am asking Santa for a K20D - heading back to Mexico next winter ... although I did just buy a new laptop (for a while it was K20D / Laptop) I agonizxed for a while , but then it came down to - umm I make money using the Laptop .... so deceison made (still hoping Santa comes though ... )
09-07-2008, 10:27 AM   #27
Veteran Member

QuoteQuote:
(still hoping Santa comes though ... )
Don't worry Dave, Mrs Claus should come through!!! I am asking for another camera body too but Pentax may force me to get an early Chritsmas present. Tougher this year with my daughter also starting University [SFU] There goes my next buys. Cheers JIMBO

QuoteQuote:
I'm in a similar situation but for a different reason. I want a back up body and have enough for another K10D but I keep holding back wonder if I should wait for the show or just save a little more for a K20D.
Good call Peter... I am sure if there is a new K20 Super coming out the K20 will drop around Chritsmas.. at least I am hoping it will... [next week would be great for a price drop too] JIMBO
09-07-2008, 12:09 PM   #28
Veteran Member

Original Poster
<snip>. Tougher this year with my daughter also starting University [SFU] There goes my next buys. Cheers JIMBO<snip>
I hear that I got one in 2nd year (Grant Mac - then transfering to UofA) - I pay the tuition semsester at a time (so half now half in Jan) - just seems cheaper that way I suppose