Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
Milk Toast
Lens: 50mm 
Posted By: oculus, 03-16-2018, 04:07 PM

Taken somewhere in Pennsylvania, USA, in a small town where miners live in shabby houses with majestic views.

Last edited by oculus; 03-22-2018 at 09:37 PM.
Views: 691
03-17-2018, 05:25 PM   #2
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by oculus Quote
Milk Toast

Welsh rabbit?

That's interesting country--my wife's from Wilkes-Barre so I've kicked around in that part of the world quite a bit. For botanizer John Bartram (father of the more famous William), the Endless Mountains were the beginning of terra incognita--it really wasn't settled in earnest until the 1760's. Of course, the conflicting claims of Pennsylvania and Connecticut made for a few less-than-The-Last-of-the-Mohicans military engagements in the so-called "Pennamite Wars."
03-17-2018, 07:05 PM - 1 Like   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by CreationBear Quote
That's interesting country--my wife's from Wilkes-Barre so I've kicked around in that part of the world quite a bit. For botanizer John Bartram (father of the more famous William), the Endless Mountains were the beginning of terra incognita--it really wasn't settled in earnest until the 1760's. Of course, the conflicting claims of Pennsylvania and Connecticut made for a few less-than-The-Last-of-the-Mohicans military engagements in the so-called "Pennamite Wars."
Edifying! There's only one place this could be. I was on my way to Bethlehem and decided to take the long way on back roads. What a bizarre little town.

Last edited by oculus; 03-22-2018 at 09:37 PM.
03-18-2018, 05:12 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Very cool--you could have been a second unit guy on The Deer Hunter. Got to get you a Technika or Crown Graphic to augment the Leica on these sorts of occasions, though...

03-19-2018, 02:57 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by CreationBear Quote
Very cool--you could have been a second unit guy on The Deer Hunter. Got to get you a Technika or Crown Graphic to augment the Leica on these sorts of occasions, though...
Both the Technika and Crown Graphic are great cameras but are so huge you can't help but draw attention to yourself so really the Leica isn't such a bad choice as its not so bulky as a DSLR and therefore much more discrete, however being a cheapskate I passed on a digital Leica and use the Q in B & W mode with the 01 lens, much more discrete and a lot easier on the wallet than any of the afore mentioned.

Thats a really nice shot of that building by the way.
03-19-2018, 09:56 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by PenPusher Quote
therefore much more discrete

Thats a really nice shot of that building by the way.
Thanks!

Yes. If I had been toting a DSLR or shooting 4x5, someone may have said something. If you don't know what it is, the Leica M-P looks like an old film camera. No one thinks twice. That's actually what I like so much about it. The M glass is pretty good too.

Last edited by oculus; 03-19-2018 at 11:54 AM.