Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
4 Likes  #1
My Buddy Earl is Back!
Lens: Pentax-DA 55-300mm ED Camera: K-50 Photo Location: Idaho 
Posted By: Dewman, 03-17-2018, 05:13 PM

I've got two squirrels that travel the fence rails in our neighborhood. My daughter named them Earl & Shirley. A couple of days ago, Earl showed up sporting a very nice bushy tail.

Attached Images

Views: 645
03-17-2018, 05:18 PM   #2
pjv
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Dewman Quote
Earl showed up sporting a very nice bushy tail.
Such a handsome little devil, Shirley is one lucky gal. Excellent capture too !!
03-18-2018, 04:06 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by pjv Quote
Such a handsome little devil, Shirley is one lucky gal. Excellent capture too !!

Thanks, Pete. He's not at all skittish, almost like he likes to pose for his portrait as long as my little Scottie isn't around. They have a love/hate relationship that's fun to watch. Earl will very obviously tease my dog (Buckwheat) to no end, running back and forth along the fence rail, stopping occasionally to twitch his tail to entice Buckwheat to try and catch him. Such fun entertainment.... for all concerned.
03-19-2018, 12:27 AM   #4
pjv
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Earl will very obviously tease my dog (Buckwheat) to no end, running back and forth along the fence rail, stopping occasionally to twitch his tail to entice Buckwheat to try and catch him. Such fun entertainment.... for all concerned.
Sounds like great fun Dewey. Some pix of Earl " tormenting " little Buckwheat would be good to see if you can catch it.

03-19-2018, 12:37 AM   #5

Great detail, lovely shot.
03-19-2018, 07:07 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

wow what a big set of paws on em !! great shot !!
03-20-2018, 07:36 AM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Outlander Quote
wow what a big set of paws on em !! great shot !!

There must be truthfulness to the old wives tale about the size of a man's hands being an indicator of the size of his.... his.... well, um.... the size of his "maleness," 'cause I felt obligated to Photoshop out his rather large and VERY prominent appendage! Sorry Earl, but after all, this IS a family site.
03-28-2018, 05:11 PM   #8
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I've got two squirrels that travel the fence rails in our neighborhood. My daughter named them Earl & Shirley. A couple of days ago, Earl showed up sporting a very nice bushy tail.
Great pose!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

02-26-2019, 01:46 AM   #9

beautiful
02-26-2019, 12:35 PM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
This is Earl's counterpart, Shirley. She's smaller, more petite than Earl, with much smaller feet!
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-50  Photo 
02-26-2019, 03:15 PM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

You know, I think that guy is not just Earl, but the Duke of Earl! Wonderful photo, Dewey.

Jer
02-27-2019, 11:18 PM   #12
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It appears as though Shirley is looking at my squirrel friend, "Rocky" and saying, "Why don't we do it in the road?" Both very nicely photographed. Thnx Dewey.

TT