Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Triagonal
Lens: 50mm Photo Location: Manhattan 
Posted By: oculus, 03-18-2018, 06:28 PM

Architecture is the most public art, and therefore must be the best. The best buildings are the best and most enduring artworks. A building succeeds if it is both useful and beautiful. Photography gives us a platform to express how we individually experience a building, the impression of its shapes, textures, spaces etc. on our minds. We must never take a picture of a building. We must try to frame the impression of that building on our minds. I remember I used to think large format cameras with movements to correct non-parallel verticals were the only instruments up to the task of making pictures of buildings. I think such smoke and mirrors is fine for historians who need documented records of the appearances of structures. The photographer's aim is to convey something else, if it is going to be art (and it may not be).

Last edited by oculus; 03-22-2018 at 09:37 PM.
Views: 476