Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 6 Likes Search this Thread
3 Likes  #1
Diamond in the ruff
Lens: Prospec 28mm f:2.8 Camera: K3 II Photo Location: My Backyard ISO: 200 Shutter Speed: 1/8000s Aperture: F13.5 
Posted By: Photobill, 03-18-2018, 11:32 PM

I was shopping at our local St. Vincent (like a Goodwill's) and came along a Prospect 28mm Pentax mount. (Anyone have any experience with this one?)
It was just to good of a deal to pass up $5.00. And its a faster 28mm than some. Glass looked clean aperture was a little sluggish. I got it home and manually worked the aperture for about 5 minutes and it got back its spring 😀 Mounted it on my K3II and checked to see if it would communicate properly and it did. I was hopping to get out today to take a few wider angle shots but the weather was not cooperating 😞.
So this afternoon I spotted this dandelion just asking for its portrait to be taken. I wanted to shoot with the sun in the background and make
silhouette, no sun today. I grabbed my Cactus V6 II trigger & RF60 X flash (I love HSS) and took a couple of shots with my "NEW" to me $5.00 lens. I put the ugly, cloudy sky in the background and popped a few. I was almost able to black out the sky. (Probably could of if I had dropped the ISO)
I'M VERY PLEASED WITH MY DIAMOND IN THE RUFF" can't wait to take it out and see what I can get out of it 😀

---------- Post added 03-18-18 at 11:37 PM ----------

Oooops I don't know how I got in the "Back Yard Wild Animal" contest???? Sorry!!!

Attached Images

Views: 755
03-25-2018, 04:38 AM - 1 Like   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It appears you snagged a bargain. Very decent IQ for $5 and a few minutes working the diaphragm with a finger.
03-26-2018, 06:44 AM - 1 Like   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Whatever the provenance of the lens, it's an elegant photo - great job.

Jer
07-06-2018, 09:47 AM - 1 Like   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Photobill Quote
I was shopping at our local St. Vincent (like a Goodwill's) and came along a Prospect 28mm Pentax mount. (Anyone have any experience with this one?)
It was just to good of a deal to pass up $5.00. And its a faster 28mm than some. Glass looked clean aperture was a little sluggish. I got it home and manually worked the aperture for about 5 minutes and it got back its spring 😀 Mounted it on my K3II and checked to see if it would communicate properly and it did. I was hopping to get out today to take a few wider angle shots but the weather was not cooperating 😞.
So this afternoon I spotted this dandelion just asking for its portrait to be taken. I wanted to shoot with the sun in the background and make
silhouette, no sun today. I grabbed my Cactus V6 II trigger & RF60 X flash (I love HSS) and took a couple of shots with my "NEW" to me $5.00 lens. I put the ugly, cloudy sky in the background and popped a few. I was almost able to black out the sky. (Probably could of if I had dropped the ISO)
I'M VERY PLEASED WITH MY DIAMOND IN THE RUFF" can't wait to take it out and see what I can get out of it 😀

Oooops I don't know how I got in the "Back Yard Wild Animal" contest???? Sorry!!!
Great one!

07-24-2018, 04:23 PM   #5
Custom User Title
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Photobill Quote

good shot! well done!