Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
3 Likes  #1
Milky way pano
Lens: Rokinon 24 mm Camera: Pentax K1 Photo Location: WA ISO: 3200 Shutter Speed: Above 6s Aperture: F1.6 
Posted By: riseform, 03-19-2018, 09:33 AM

Milky way pano attempt this weekend K1 with Rokinon 24 mm
Five or six rapid frames at each position stacked wtih free Sequator software
Five position shots then stitched for the pano.
My first time using Sequator (pretty easy) and post processing for the milky way is still a work in progress, but I thought it turned out decent.
Astrotracer not used for this (I still have a heck of a time merging the ground and tracked stars for one frame, let alone a pano)
The southern light pollution glow is the city of Ellensburg WA and I suspect the northern glow would be Wenatchee WA

Views: 782
03-19-2018, 10:30 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Beautiful!
03-20-2018, 02:20 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Really nice, it must be wonderful to have such clear skys with only two small areas of light pollution, I had to look up WA to see which state it was it was.

One of the best light pollution free areas in Europe is in South Kerry about 50 miles from where I live but with pretty much constant cloud coming in off the Atlantic the number of nights when you can get a clear shot are very low, there is also a more or less constant wind which doesn't help either.
07-26-2018, 01:56 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by riseform Quote
My first time using Sequator (pretty easy) and post processing for the milky way is still a work in progress, but I thought it turned out decent.
Astrotracer not used for this (I still have a heck of a time merging the ground and tracked stars for one frame, let alone a pano)
The southern light pollution glow is the city of Ellensburg WA and I suspect the northern glow would be Wenatchee WA

Yet another great one.

07-28-2018, 04:18 PM   #5

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by riseform Quote

Good to see you putting the Ki to good use. TFS
regards
David