Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
2 Likes  #1
Chickadee In A Plum Tree
Lens: DA 17-70 AL F4 (IF) SDM Camera: KP Photo Location: Liberty, Maine ISO: 400 Shutter Speed: 1/125s Aperture: F11 
Posted By: SSGGeezer, 03-26-2018, 02:57 PM

A fairly fearless Black Capped Chickadee in my Plum tree. Used my DA 17-70 f4 SDM just because I like the IQ. Processed in DXO, increased contrast a bit to define the bird's eye since I had sun from about 10 o'clock when facing the bird, then cropped heavily. I have had to spend a lot more money on bird seed this month since a number of new species have been arriving daily. Most are much more shy than the Chickadees and Downy Woodpeckers.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX KP  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX KP  Photo 

Views: 343
03-26-2018, 03:30 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
A very good capture
03-26-2018, 03:43 PM   #3
Journeyman Cat Wrangler
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by eaglem Quote
A very good capture
Thanks Em! I was very close but I think the big eye of the lens scares them more than me standing next to my car with the door open less than 2 meters away. I love the chickadees since we have lots(our state bird,) and the fact that they are so fearless.
03-26-2018, 04:18 PM - 1 Like   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
... and a chickadee in a plum tree!

Fun little birds to watch, and quite fearless too - put some birdseed in your hand and they'll land right on your hand.

03-27-2018, 10:02 AM - 1 Like   #5
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
A Chickadee in a Plum tree.... hmmm, but does anyone have a photo of a Partridge in a Pear Tree. Apparently they are popular gifts during the Christmas season.