Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

Rocky Mountain National Park
Posted By: fillerupmac, 09-04-2008, 07:49 PM

For you mountain buffs.... personally, I wouldn't want to live anywhere else....

Looking across Bear Lake towards Longs Peak

The summit is the flat knob on the left, actually about three football fields in area. In the mornings with good binoculars or even a zoom lens, you can catch climbers on the summit.

(Much more to come - scenic and wildlife too)

This is my first try at Zenfolio.... hope the links work!

Thanks for looking,

Al S.

Last edited by fillerupmac; 09-06-2008 at 06:41 AM.
Views: 3,122
09-06-2008, 11:55 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Thanks for sharing this scenery! I have so rarely a change to visit real mountains, so at leas t I can study these.

09-06-2008, 12:01 PM   #17

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mtnbearhug Quote
Hey Al... these are some nice shots... I used to live in Estes Park... I sooo miss that landscape... Rocky Mountian National Park is beautiful....

Thanks for sharing... Kim..

Ooohhh, you lucky!!!!

We're about three hours drive (and $125 in fuel if we take the RV), so it's a special trip for us. These shots were taken the weekend before Labor Day, and it was still pretty crowded. They had several events going on in Estes, and the town was PACKED!!

Al S.
09-06-2008, 02:37 PM   #18

Original Poster
Wildlife!

1. Ground Squirrel (looks like a fat chipmunk!)

2. Greenback Cutthroat Trout, in Bear Lake. No fishing in Bear Lake. Just Fish. Lots of fish.

3. Elk seen across the valley, at least a half mile away. Taken with 50-250 zoom, at max. There are four just abouve the dam, lower right, two more above the bull in the center, another one to the left.

4. And of course, we drive another couple miles, and this herd is right next to the road! The big, 5 point Bull, with huge Brow Tines, seemed to be posing... "Is this my best side??"

Comments welcome.

Tomorrow: Disaster in the Park!! (1982)

Al S.
09-06-2008, 09:10 PM   #19

Great shots once again.

That Ground Squirrel shot makes it look like it's praying to the heavens