Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

Cliche Iceland Pictures - just had to take them being a first time tourist :)
Posted By: chesebert, 03-29-2018, 09:32 AM

Give me your comments/critiques welcome. I am pretty sure every photographer who has ever been to Iceland has taken these.

Welcome any post processing advices.

Attached Images

Views: 1,532
03-29-2018, 09:10 PM - 1 Like   #16
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by SSGGeezer Quote
There is a difference between honesty and being kind of a jerk. When someone asks for a critique, that means a request for technical help in improving, not saying "don't bother, you are clueless!" Which is what you seem to be saying. After many years in the military, trust me, I know being a jerk very well!
Thanks for stepping in to say exactly what I was going to say!

03-30-2018, 01:48 AM - 1 Like   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
chesebert, what really matters in the end is how you enjoy being out there and shooting your heart's content of the beauty you can perceive everywhere around you!
that is truly the main purpose of the whole exercise! I think you have shown us a couple of great shots from the Icelandic landscape! Just gather as much knowledge as you can
about how you feel and how you want to express it... and then, learn everything you can about your camera, how it works, and what it can do... You have a very good eye
for composition. Find your own vision! you will be fine! Read as much as you can about photography! But keep in mind that the important thing, is to enjoy yourself!

Keep shooting!

François
03-30-2018, 05:11 AM   #18
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Which waterfall is the first pic chesebert...your K5II is coping a lot better with the poor light than my K7 did when I was there.
03-30-2018, 08:09 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by photomax7 Quote
Which waterfall is the first pic chesebert...your K5II is coping a lot better with the poor light than my K7 did when I was there.
Gullfoss

03-31-2018, 06:16 PM   #20
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Fixed waterfall based on advice.

03-31-2018, 06:24 PM   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by chesebert Quote
Fixed waterfall based on advice.

If you like the photos and the way they turned out, what else really matters. You are the photographer that took the pictures and you know how you saw it or wanted it to look. If you are pleased with the result, that is all that matters.