Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 17 Likes Search this Thread
17 Likes  
Approaching thunderstorm
Posted By: ranmar850, 04-01-2018, 03:22 PM

There are late storms around in the Pilbara this year, as we go into autumn. I had decided to try some timelapses of passing storms that wouldn't necessarily give showing good lightning, but the flashing, illuminated clouds could be interesting. I did a couple of sequences, then set up for a third one, which I realised was coming straight at me. It was mostly just lit clouds and very little visible forking, then, this. This is a single shot pulled from the sequence, very little cropping and not much PP. I've done a fair bit of lightning over the last 10 years, but this would have to be one of my best, IMO. The exposure was only 3 secs, instead of my usual 20-30 seconds for lightning, as I needed frames for the TL.

Views: 1,418
06-27-2018, 10:12 AM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Fantastic image!

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, clouds, lightning, photo, pilbara, storm, storms, thunderstorm, tom price, western australia