Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
4 Likes  #1
Beautiful Brits
Camera: Panasonic LX100 Photo Location: Houston, TX 
Posted By: Sailor, 04-06-2018, 01:52 PM

Yesterday, I attended a Mecum auction in Houston. As is usually the case with Mecum, consignments comprised scads of Corvettes and '60s muscle cars. However, there was a smattering of other stuff, including the MGTD, MGTF, Austin Healy 3000, Jag MK 2 Sedan and Jag XK150 pictured below.

Photography was not my main focus (ho, ho, ho . . . .) this trip, so my picture taking was slap dash. Consequently, the pics are technically pretty mediocre. Still, they may be of interest to some.

Jer

Views: 1,098
04-06-2018, 03:27 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Pure and simple Eyecandy..........................
04-06-2018, 04:15 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Actually pretty nice shots. You did a good job on some cars that always need work (thanks Lucas infernal electrics,) but are easy to work on and easier on the eyes than most modern cars. I miss my old MG whenever the sun is out.
What did you bid on? Did you get it? I watched the last few minutes of the Mecum auction yesterday on Sling TV. Was that the one?

Last edited by SSGGeezer; 04-06-2018 at 05:39 PM.
04-06-2018, 05:27 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Beautiful shots Jer. Imagine the work involved getting these cars to look like they do. That's what I call pride of ownership.

04-06-2018, 07:35 PM   #5

Nice shooting....man, that MGTD brings back memories - when I was a teenager circa the mid 60's an older guy I used to race slot cars with owned a British racing green 52 TD, unique cars! Thanks for sharing some nice photos!
Bill
04-07-2018, 05:12 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by eaglem Quote
Pure and simple Eyecandy..........................
Glad you like 'em, my friend.

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by SSGGeezer Quote
Actually pretty nice shots. You did a good job on some cars that always need work (thanks Lucas infernal electrics,) but are easy to work on and easier on the eyes than most modern cars. I miss my old MG whenever the sun is out.
What did you bid on? Did you get it? I watched the last few minutes of the Mecum auction yesterday on Sling TV. Was that the one?
Thanks - I appreciate the kind words. I was totally uninvolved in the actual auction - I attend these things as an observer, since they serve as one giant car show in which you can walk among the cars with not a lot of people around.

I'm betting it was the one you saw, although I know little about Sling TV. The auction was broadcast here on an NBC Sports channel; up until a few years ago, Mecum was on the Velocity network before moving to NBC.

Regarding Lucas, I'm well familiar with the electrical woes that can befall British cars of this era. I learned to drive in a Morris Minor convertible my Dad bought new in 1958.

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by DW58 Quote
Beautiful shots Jer. Imagine the work involved getting these cars to look like they do. That's what I call pride of ownership.
Thanks much! There was, indeed, lots of polishing going on.

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by wgosma Quote
Nice shooting....man, that MGTD brings back memories - when I was a teenager circa the mid 60's an older guy I used to race slot cars with owned a British racing green 52 TD, unique cars! Thanks for sharing some nice photos!
Bill
Hey Bill - glad to like 'em and that they brought back some memories.

Jer
04-07-2018, 03:08 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

When I was about 9 years old I got a ride in my cousins MG, stuffed in the space behind the two front seats, I can remember that the exhaust was hot and not much else.

04-08-2018, 12:29 PM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by PenPusher Quote
When I was about 9 years old I got a ride in my cousins MG, stuffed in the space behind the two front seats, I can remember that the exhaust was hot and not much else.
I've driven MGs several times and enjoyed 'em each time, but I doubt I'd feel that way about the cars had I been introduced to them as you were!

Jer
04-08-2018, 06:51 PM   #9
Veteran Member

That red MG at top, wow, I want it! Nice shots!
04-08-2018, 08:24 PM   #10
Veteran Member

How many did you bring home?
04-09-2018, 06:24 AM   #11
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by GeoJerry Quote
That red MG at top, wow, I want it! Nice shots!
Hey Jerry - all you need is your check book! Thanks for looking and for the kind words.

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by cardinal43 Quote
How many did you bring home?
None! I'm poor boy just trying to make good.

Jer