Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
3 Likes  #1
HiFi setup at new home.
Lens: A50 F1.4 & Sigma 18-50 F3.5 Camera: *istDS Photo Location: Australia ISO: 200 
Posted By: hks_kansei, 04-08-2018, 12:27 AM

Album (3 images): Stereo Setup | Flickr

So yeah, my first post back here in ages.
Without going into hug detail, I havent had a computer for the past couple of years, and have had a lot of other stuff going on, so wasnt able to drag out the cameras at all.

Anyway, that's all dealt with for now, and I can actually start taking pics again.

3 basic pics above of the hifi setup I picked up cheaply over the weekend, a nice little Harman Kardon one from about 1983, temporarily hooked into a pair of old Sony rear satellites from the front room surround setup.

it sounds lovely, and does a great job of what I intended it to do, which is be a nice quality sounding setup for our back room without having to crank the volume right up.
Only thing I need to do is open up the tape deck and see why the heads arent lifting sometimes, hoping it's just old grease that's gone sticky, but it may be something more. (hopefully just grease, as I also wanted it to record tapes for the car)

The shots arent anything special, the long shot is from my rubbish Sigma 18-50, hence the lack of sharpness.
The other two are from my Pentax A 50mm F1.4, which is great when the aperture doesnt stick (it needs a service)
Body is my ancient *istDS, on my even more ancient Exelas tripod that's a bit "grandpa's axe" with the amount of repairs it's had over the years.

Anyway, enjoy.
Views: 1,358
04-08-2018, 07:03 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Great story thanks for sharing. I had to Google *istDS, never heard of it but now I know.
04-08-2018, 07:53 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by foxandcrow Quote
Great story thanks for sharing. I had to Google *istDS, never heard of it but now I know.

Yeah, it's old enough now that a lot of people have forgotten it ever existed.

It was basically part of Pentax's first line of DSLRs, and was I think their last line to be sold at the same time as a film equivalent model (yes, there is also an *ist film body)

It's very low on features by current standards, but it's done me well enough over the years, even if a few things stopped working (flash doesnt work at all, it's become VERY fussy with batteries and will now only work with Eneloops, where it used to be fine with CRv3's or standard alkaline AAs)