Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Photoshop: blending in
Posted By: roentarre, 02-23-2007, 04:11 AM

Bofore planning to go for a drive tomorrow, I am sitting at home trying to make some of old photos more interesting.

The 2 shot used here were all taken by DS with Da14

What do you think of this final image?

C&C welcomed

James
Views: 1,685
02-23-2007, 04:58 AM   #2

i wouldn't say at first look it was photoshopped, but it does look a bit messy. like you want to say too many things at once. i am delighted with the color, though
02-23-2007, 05:25 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
:)

QuoteOriginally posted by lukastrika Quote
i wouldn't say at first look it was photoshopped, but it does look a bit messy. like you want to say too many things at once. i am delighted with the color, though
From your posts, I could tell how u like simplicity and concentrate on themes in your photos.

I know what you meant and I aggree with you. My mind tends to work like that ...
02-23-2007, 06:12 AM   #4

everyones mind tends to work like that, i believe. or maybe it's just i'm of your kind as well.. but focusing is what is important when it comes to expression, because that is what, in my opinion, makes it unique and, which is more, authored.

of course, not always, and not literraly focusing as such, especially in a photo-sense, but it's more like, you have to know, or at least feel what you want to say or what you're saying in order to be saying anything special.

02-23-2007, 08:24 AM   #5

i'm sorry if i sounded to authoritative upthere. i'm in no position to be such. and i don't think focus in expression is something i manage to achieve, not even remotely, but i do believe it's something one should strive for.
02-23-2007, 02:43 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
everyones mind tends to work like that, i believe. or maybe it's just i'm of your kind as well.. but focusing is what is important when it comes to expression, because that is what, in my opinion, makes it unique and, which is more, authored.

of course, not always, and not literraly focusing as such, especially in a photo-sense, but it's more like, you have to know, or at least feel what you want to say or what you're saying in order to be saying anything special.
I guess the difficulty of using Da14 is the fact that it includes everything in the view and everything becomes some sort of minature. This lens makes composition difficult...

i'm sorry if i sounded to authoritative upthere. i'm in no position to be such. and i don't think focus in expression is something i manage to achieve, not even remotely, but i do believe it's something one should strive for.

No need to be sorry. I am happy that you commented. You just reminded me to be put more emphasis on expression, mood and creativity into photos
02-23-2007, 04:19 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Oh wow! Look at that road down there! And all the scenery! Great landscape shot! Now I want to look for something similar to shoot...too bad I've got all grey (salted roads and sky) and white (snow) today.

02-23-2007, 06:03 PM   #8
Veteran Member

IMHO the busy foreground distracts from and doesn't assist the green and curvacious backdrop. It could be because the foreground is bright/crisp and the background has a different tone.
02-23-2007, 06:07 PM   #9
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Yeah too busy, but a good job nonetheless.
02-23-2007, 06:09 PM   #10
Inactive Account

In this picture I see at least three or four other pictures. I would use it as a planning map for my next opportunity to go there and spend some time around.

I guess I'm just seconding everyone else. But I can't leave a picture of those surroundings left uncommented. More to come I guess?
02-23-2007, 11:01 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Alvin Quote
Oh wow! Look at that road down there! And all the scenery! Great landscape shot! Now I want to look for something similar to shoot...too bad I've got all grey (salted roads and sky) and white (snow) today.
It was a very windy plateform I was looking down. VERY windy. My camera could have been flown off with the wind easily if it was not firmly held by my both hands. My body was almost lifted by the wind current...

QuoteOriginally posted by clarenceclose Quote
IMHO the busy foreground distracts from and doesn't assist the green and curvacious backdrop. It could be because the foreground is bright/crisp and the background has a different tone.
Yeah, you were right about it. It took me ages to find flower shots that could match the dull foreground of the original pic. It took me few hours sitting at home on Friday night ...

QuoteOriginally posted by Arpe Quote
Yeah too busy, but a good job nonetheless.
Thanks. Sure New Zealand would be much greener than Australia at the moment
02-23-2007, 11:04 PM   #12
Veteran Member

Original Poster
You are a true photographer!

QuoteOriginally posted by Jonas B Quote
In this picture I see at least three or four other pictures. I would use it as a planning map for my next opportunity to go there and spend some time around.

I guess I'm just seconding everyone else. But I can't leave a picture of those surroundings left uncommented. More to come I guess?
I already have my plan and guess what! I already had the knowlege of 4 secret waterfalls in that area of Victoria to visit in about 3 weeks time.

Pity these photos of the surrounding are still left in my computers unprocessed... Back then, I shot more with canon gear ... I know I am evil
02-24-2007, 08:49 AM   #13
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by roentarre Quote
I know I am evil
No you were just sick then but now you are better.