Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
Sledding
Lens: tamron 28 - 75 Camera: k3 ii Photo Location: eastren Canada ISO: 1250 Shutter Speed: 1/3200s Aperture: F6.3 
Posted By: Outlander, 04-15-2018, 09:06 PM

Have to thank my Wife for taking the Photo , for I was busy at the time ! set the Camera to TAv for her, and continuous Focus , the ISO was a little high for my liking , I did have the Aperture set a F5 ,for I took a few test shots first , must have gotten bumped , and the sun was in and out , However I think it turned out ok !!

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3 II  Photo 

Views: 547
04-15-2018, 10:17 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
It is a very good action shot and your wife is a good photographic rival for you.
04-16-2018, 01:11 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I cannot disagree, it is a very fine effort. Congrats to your better half. Thanks for sharing.

TT
04-16-2018, 03:03 AM   #4

the right shot

wonderfully captured!!...

04-16-2018, 01:27 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Good catch! Do you use TAv often? I think I've only tried it a few times in the last 8 years since I got my Pentax. What situations do you use it for?
04-17-2018, 09:24 AM   #6
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Outlander Quote
Have to thank my Wife for taking the Photo , for I was busy at the time ! set the Camera to TAv for her, and continuous Focus , the ISO was a little high for my liking , I did have the Aperture set a F5 ,for I took a few test shots first , must have gotten bumped , and the sun was in and out , However I think it turned out ok !!
Very nice timing! Quite an impressive result IMO

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
04-17-2018, 07:36 PM   #7
Pentaxian

Original Poster
I have to admit , I was a bit sore the day after , being 50 tells you this ! and I wont mention the number of takes ! ( did you get the shot Honey ?) which didn't help the body ether ! LOL yes my wife did a fantastic job and thank you all for saying so ! GeoJerry in situations like this ill use TAv , I do use it quite often especially on a cloud / sun day, i'll set the speed and Aperture I want ,and take a few test shots with something general to get a reading with light conditions and adjust to keep a low ISO , then I never have to worry about getting exposure when driving ,Hiking the country side , when I see opportunity for wildlife I'm ready to shoot on a moments notice , them Dam Hawks are my worst , don't stick around long , especially waiting for me to figure out my settings , when I have time to figure out settings I stick with manual for I'm mostly a landscape guy ! and I like to underexpose my shots and bring them back to life on the desk top ! that's what I like doing !!