Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Finches of Beaver Creek Road
Posted By: 8540tomg, 09-06-2008, 10:37 AM

Hi all,

Well, it was back to school last week so the K10 sat idle for a while. It’s terrible when your job gets in the way of your hobby isn’t it? It was a gorgeous day here in Waterloo and I took a walk up Beaver Creek Road to see how the finches were doing without me. Rather well it seems. They have pretty much trashed the thistle patch but they were still there. I was actually standing a few feet from a female and I didn’t even notice her while I was taking light readings and setting aperture. She, of course, flew off the moment I did see her. The females are much less obliging than the males. I have yet to get a shot of a female. This fellow granted me a 90 second or so window of opportunity and the results follow.

All shots on monopod, SMC Pentax K300mm @f5.6 and f8, ISO 100, 1/125 sec and probably should have been a bit higher.

Cheers,

Tom G
Views: 1,726

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
beaver, camera, creek, finches, photo, road