Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
2 Likes  #1
Cardinal of the Plum Tree
Lens: Sigma APO 120-200 F4.5-5.6 DG HSM OS Camera: KP Photo Location: Liberty, Maine ISO: 3200 Shutter Speed: 1/320s Aperture: F5.6 
Posted By: SSGGeezer, 04-19-2018, 01:48 PM

A few shots of a Cardinal who did not fly away I fear when I came out on the porch to give my new lens a bit more of a work out. First is at ISO 3200, second at 1600. Funny thing is I had both the IBIS and the OS on in the lens on the first shot and did not immediately notice. I fixed it after several shots but was happy that several could have been usable even with both on and at 400mm. Third shot sort of shows why Cardinals have a large role in the game Angry Birds.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX KP  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX KP  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX KP  Photo 

Views: 622
04-19-2018, 04:00 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
A gutsy little fellow, for sure. I really like the feel of these shots - nice stuff.

Jer
06-20-2018, 02:52 PM   #3
retired sw engineer
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by SSGGeezer Quote
A few shots of a Cardinal who did not fly away I fear when I came out on the porch to give my new lens a bit more of a work out. First is at ISO 3200, second at 1600. Funny thing is I had both the IBIS and the OS on in the lens on the first shot and did not immediately notice. I fixed it after several shots but was happy that several could have been usable even with both on and at 400mm. Third shot sort of shows why Cardinals have a large role in the game Angry Birds.
The KP seems to have really delivered colors for you at this ISO value! How did you feel about the detail?
06-20-2018, 03:26 PM - 1 Like   #4
Veteran Member

Unique Colours. I have not seen that shade.

06-20-2018, 03:39 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
The KP seems to have really delivered colors for you at this ISO value! How did you feel about the detail?
The detail is my fault, it could have been better if i had verified focus through the branches. I shot smaller aperture for more DOF so I kind of got away with these.

---------- Post added 06-20-18 at 03:40 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by honey bo bo Quote
Unique Colours. I have not seen that shade.
I think it was a broken overcast so i ended up higher ISO but still lit the Cardinals pretty well.
06-20-2018, 04:15 PM   #6
retired sw engineer
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by SSGGeezer Quote
I think it was a broken overcast so i ended up higher ISO but still lit the Cardinals pretty well.
Cardinal colors seem to vary from individual to individual, but these look conceivable to my eye. The important thing to me is that the KP didn't "trash" the colors at this ISO, and after all the fussing here about the 'accelerator' I was wondering how you feel about the details its delivering to you.
06-20-2018, 04:20 PM   #7
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
Cardinal colors seem to vary from individual to individual, but these look conceivable to my eye. The important thing to me is that the KP didn't "trash" the colors at this ISO, and after all the fussing here about the 'accelerator' I was wondering how you feel about the details its delivering to you.
The only time I have issues with details, the problem is behind the viewfinder. See my new dragonfly pics where I try to use my 55-300 PLM as a Macro lens. Still pretty sharp when I get it right.