Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Waiting for Summer
Lens: DFA 28-105 Camera: K-1 Photo Location: Kemah, TX 
Posted By: Sailor, 04-21-2018, 06:13 AM

The Kemah Texas Boardwalk, one of the many ventures of the Landry's corporation, is an amusement park combined with a plethora of restaurants. The place is located right on Galveston Bay and attracts mobs in the summertime and on weekends.

Here are three shots I took while having lunch there a little over a week ago on a Thursday afternoon. The emptiness is downright eerie to someone who usually sees the place teeming with humanity. Despite the desolate atmosphere suggested by the photos, the restaurants seemed to be thriving.

Jer

Views: 685
04-21-2018, 01:41 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Nice sky in all the shots, gives it a sunny warm feeling. Thanks for the story line too, well done.
04-21-2018, 02:33 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by foxandcrow Quote
Nice sky in all the shots, gives it a sunny warm feeling. Thanks for the story line too, well done.
Thanks much!

Jer
04-21-2018, 10:33 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Definitely not the Kemah I knew But I'd like to go back (midweek) and check it out next time I'm out that way, looks like fun!

04-22-2018, 06:34 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by GeoJerry Quote
Definitely not the Kemah I knew But I'd like to go back (midweek) and check it out next time I'm out that way, looks like fun!
Yeah, it's a different place now - I forgot to mention along with all the rides, including a big, wooden roller coaster, there's a marina and luxury hotel on the premises.

Jer
06-20-2018, 12:37 PM   #6
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
The Kemah Texas Boardwalk, one of the many ventures of the Landry's corporation, is an amusement park combined with a plethora of restaurants. The place is located right on Galveston Bay and attracts mobs in the summertime and on weekends.

Here are three shots I took while having lunch there a little over a week ago on a Thursday afternoon. The emptiness is downright eerie to someone who usually sees the place teeming with humanity. Despite the desolate atmosphere suggested by the photos, the restaurants seemed to be thriving.
You and the K-1 really captured beautiful images!

Is this "Tom Landry", formerly Dallas Cowboys football coach?
06-20-2018, 05:54 PM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
You and the K-1 really captured beautiful images!

Is this "Tom Landry", formerly Dallas Cowboys football coach?
Thanks much for the kind words.

Landry's is a sizable company with many restaurant brands, attractions (e.g. Golden Nugget) and even the Houston Rockets. I don't think the original Landry's restaurants had anything to do with Tom Landry - but, hey, what do I know?

Jer