Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
My quest continues...
Posted By: madmikess, 09-06-2008, 06:18 PM

Well, this weekend's adventure took us to Erie PA. We actually planned the trip for the zoo there. Stayed at the zoo for a couple hours and then took a ride down to Presque Isle State Park (I know some will say a birding opportunity missed) and my quest to photograph more of the Great Lakes Lighthouses was satisfied. Today I snapped 4. The weather however was not great but of course I did the best with what I had.

1) Presque Isle Lighthouse.

2) North Pier Light.

3) Erie Land Lighthouse.

4) Barcelona NY Lighthouse, this one however I don't know if it was ever really an active lighthouse on Lake Erie or just a landmark built on a private residence. It's still cool, and it's for sale for a mere $750,000.
*EDIT* This lighthouse was in fact a working lighthouse and actually the first building in the US to use Natural Gas piped in from a natural source about 3/4 of a mile away from the lighthouse. Here is a link to the history of this particular lighthouse - Barcelona Lighthouse aka Portland Harbor Lighthouse

Last edited by madmikess; 09-06-2008 at 09:16 PM.
Views: 2,369
09-07-2008, 09:59 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Cool I really like the first red hour brick one. Excellent - a quater mill and I can have that lighthouse eh ? Ummm I'll pass this time. Nice diverse look at lighthouses.