Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
4 Likes  #1
FB Mondial - Motorcycle from Italy
Lens: Tamron 90mm /f2.8 | Irix 15mm /f2.4 Camera: Pentax K1 Photo Location: Paris ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: 1/500s Aperture: F5.6 
Posted By: DimC, 04-25-2018, 02:13 PM

Today when I was jogging I saw this great motorcycle on the side, this was not far from where I live so I decided to sprint back home and grab my photog gear.
I took the lens that were sitting on the backpack, plus I took my Godox AD200 + Cactus V6 II and some gels.

Lens are :
Tamron 90mm /f2.8
Pentax 50mm /f1.7
Irix 15mm /f2.4

As soon as I arrived next to this fabulous machine, I started looking around trying to find the owner but nobody was there, so I started unpacking and shooting right away.
The Irix 15mm for on the K1, so I setup the small tripod at ground level and tried some nice angle and composition, it was my first time doing this kind of shoot with a Wide angle lens and that was a challenge.

I decided to use my AD200 combined with a CTO gel, setup the Cactus V6 II for HSS shooting and that was the main part of the shoot.
Either with the camera or Flash on tripod and myself using the remote shutter with the flash in hand, "painting" the subject or simply having the flash on tripod and me trying to get a good composition.

I was very lucky because the weather was really nice with big clouds and some great light (quiet direct and harsch sometimes but it helps having a flash to fill in).

I had not much time and right when I was about to leave a really nice guy came by and he said he was looking at me shooting his Motorcycle for about 10 min but didnt want to disturb me.
We talked, he told me the story of this really nice motorbikes made in Italy and evenutally we exchanged email adress.

You can read more about this wonderful machine here :
FB Mondial storico marchio italiano campione del mondo

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 

Views: 612
04-25-2018, 02:39 PM   #2
maw
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by DimC Quote
As soon as I arrived next to this fabulous machine,
Congratulations, very nice photos that seem ready to be included in a sports magazine. Are you the owner?
04-25-2018, 03:39 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
What a wonderful series of photos of some beautiful machinery! I particularly like the B&W ones.

Jer
04-25-2018, 06:00 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Very fine images!

04-25-2018, 06:28 PM   #5
Pentaxiste
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by maw Quote
Congratulations, very nice photos that seem ready to be included in a sports magazine. Are you the owner?
Im not, in fact the guy who was watching me taking pics was the actual owner.
Thanks for your comments.

QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
What a wonderful series of photos of some beautiful machinery! I particularly like the B&W ones.

Jer
Thanks mate !
B&W are processed in Silver Efex 2.

QuoteOriginally posted by Ex Finn. Quote
Very fine images!
Thanks a lot!