Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
Mysterious
Lens: SMC-K 50mm f1.4 Camera: K-5 Photo Location: Auburn IN ISO: 80 Shutter Speed: 1/320s Aperture: F8 
Posted By: Riggomatic, 04-28-2018, 10:44 AM

I drive by this tree once or twice a week, and decided to pull off the road and take a couple pictures this morning. I only had the 50mm and 24mm with me at the time, and was able to frame the tree with the 50, so I stuck with that.
When I got home, and opened it on the computer, there was a bird sitting on the broken limb, that I didn't notice when I was there (wish I had the 135mm with me at the time now). I ended up cropping, to show off the silhouette of the bird a bit, and adding a yellow filter to change the mood.

With the bird staring at me from a broken limb, it just seemed a little more mysterious, when I added the yellow.

Here's the cropped version:

and the original for comparison:

Thanks for looking!
Views: 727
04-28-2018, 01:18 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I call that opportunistic. I like what you did with the crop too, well done.
04-28-2018, 01:25 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by foxandcrow Quote
I call that opportunistic. I like what you did with the crop too, well done.
Thank you!
08-14-2018, 12:01 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Riggomatic Quote
I drive by this tree once or twice a week, and decided to pull off the road and take a couple pictures this morning. I only had the 50mm and 24mm with me at the time, and was able to frame the tree with the 50, so I stuck with that.
When I got home, and opened it on the computer, there was a bird sitting on the broken limb, that I didn't notice when I was there (wish I had the 135mm with me at the time now). I ended up cropping, to show off the silhouette of the bird a bit, and adding a yellow filter to change the mood.

With the bird staring at me from a broken limb, it just seemed a little more mysterious, when I added the yellow.
I don't think I would have seen the artistic possibilities in this scene, but you did and you made good of it.

08-14-2018, 01:49 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Yeah, this works very well.
08-14-2018, 06:05 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
I don't think I would have seen the artistic possibilities in this scene, but you did and you made good of it.
Thank you!

---------- Post added 08-14-18 at 09:06 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Photogoof Quote
Yeah, this works very well.
And thank you as well!