Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Traditional Elevation of My Photography
Lens: DFA 28-105 Camera: K-1 Photo Location: A Dive on Surfside Beach 
Posted By: Sailor, 05-02-2018, 07:32 PM

Starting in 2005 with my 2004 Mazdaspeed Miata (MX-5), I've photographed my convertibles - at some point in their sojourn with me - from an elevated deck on on a delightfully funky bar on Surfside Beach, TX. I finally got around to continuing this tradition with my current droptop, a 911 Cabrio, a couple of weeks ago. This ritual is always accompanied by a few cold beers; the shots looked in focus at the time, but . . . . . well . . . . . you know.

Jer

Views: 679
05-03-2018, 01:23 AM   #2
Closed Account

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
This ritual is always accompanied by a few cold beers; the shots looked in focus at the time, but . . . . . well . . . . . you know.
Maybe take the photos BEFORE the beers next time buddy. Another very good series Jer.
05-03-2018, 04:32 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Soooooooooooooo Nice
05-03-2018, 07:22 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by pjv Quote
Maybe take the photos BEFORE the beers next time buddy. Another very good series Jer.
Thanks, Peter - and thanks for tolerating my silliness!

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by eaglem Quote
Soooooooooooooo Nice
Thank you, EM.

Jer

05-03-2018, 04:43 PM   #5
Closed Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
Thanks, Peter - and thanks for tolerating my silliness!

Jer
You're " silliness " is one of the things on the forums that make it a pleasure to keep coming back buddy.
05-03-2018, 10:10 PM   #6
Veteran Member

That's one fine machine and I am envious! But I'm guessing you don't get all that many top-down days
05-04-2018, 05:56 AM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by pjv Quote
You're " silliness " is one of the things on the forums that make it a pleasure to keep coming back buddy.
A very kind thing to say, Peter. Thanks much.

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by GeoJerry Quote
That's one fine machine and I am envious! But I'm guessing you don't get all that many top-down days
Thanks, Jerry. I drive it with the top down the majority of the time, so it didn't get much use this past winter, which was unusually cold and wet. Of course, in the summer - as you'll remember - it's too hot for daytime convertible cruising, so the car comes out primarily for the warm summer nights.

Jer