Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
Kirkstone Pass - heading for Scotland ...
Lens: FA 1.8/77 limited Camera: K3 Photo Location: Lake District, England 
Posted By: volley, 05-13-2018, 11:35 AM

Last night I've returned from a motorbike trip to Scotland. I'll share some pics in the next few days, but here is a shot of my bike I took on the way north. This is at the Kirkstone Pass in the beautiful Lake District National Park.

Views: 580
05-13-2018, 12:24 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
The road beckons . . . . . . . .

A good photo in its own right, this shot is also an appetizer for those to come!!

Jer
05-13-2018, 12:25 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Road appears a bit damp, but looks like it could be enjoyable place to ride a motorcycle . What make/model/cc's bike is that ? From here looks faintly BMW GS..ish. Nice skid plate.
05-13-2018, 12:42 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
The road beckons . . . . . . . .

A good photo in its own right, this shot is also an appetizer for those to come!!

Jer
Thanks Jer, more will come tomorrow, I hope

QuoteOriginally posted by lesmore49 Quote
Road appears a bit damp, but looks like it could be enjoyable place to ride a motorcycle . What make/model/cc's bike is that ? From here looks faintly BMW GS..ish. Nice skid plate.
It was a very nice ride and the Lake District is another area I want to spend more time in on the bike. The bike is a Honda VFR 1200X, here the model is called Crosstourer, 1200 cc and 129 hp. It is supposed to be Honda's equivalent of the BMW GS, but with much lower sales. Even in the UK the 1200 GS seems to be the most popular bike by a fair margin. But hey, we are not mainstream, we shoot with Pentax

08-16-2018, 02:09 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by volley Quote
Last night I've returned from a motorbike trip to Scotland. I'll share some pics in the next few days, but here is a shot of my bike I took on the way north. This is at the Kirkstone Pass in the beautiful Lake District National Park.
A very lovely scene - a very good advertisement for the "Road to Scotland" {not a movie coming to a theater near you}
08-16-2018, 02:44 PM   #6
Pentaxian

Good shot!