Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
3 Likes  #1
Not an Eagle eye but darn close
Lens: HD DA 55-300 Camera: K-3ii Photo Location: Frostburg, Md ISO: 800 Shutter Speed: 1/25s Aperture: F10 
Posted By: bschriver11, 05-24-2018, 06:50 PM

Red Shouldered hawk in pixel shift resolution. I think she has chicks in the nest? I've been checking in on her for several weeks and she is now setting up on the nest keeping watch and is more reluctant to leave in my presence.I never stay more than a few minutes as i don't want to disturb her too much, i'm hoping to get her and the chicks when they get a little bigger.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3 II  Photo 

Views: 357
05-25-2018, 12:45 PM   #2
Journeyman Cat Wrangler
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Very nice capture. Her nest looks very camouflaged, was it hard to locate?
05-25-2018, 02:55 PM - 1 Like   #3

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
I just got lucky finding the nest, i was driving along a back road slowly and just happened to glance over and spot it. I wasn't sure she was even in the nest at first because of it's depth and she was down low but after a minute of watching the nest she got nervous and flew out so i left and now i just stop from time to time and see how they are coming along.
07-13-2018, 07:47 PM   #4
retired sw engineer
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by bschriver11 Quote
Red Shouldered hawk in pixel shift resolution. I think she has chicks in the nest? I've been checking in on her for several weeks and she is now setting up on the nest keeping watch and is more reluctant to leave in my presence.I never stay more than a few minutes as i don't want to disturb her too much, i'm hoping to get her and the chicks when they get a little bigger.
Good photo, and I'm glad no hawk was spooked in the making of this photo