Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
Chickadee With a Sunflower Seed
Lens: DA*50-135 f/2.8 SDM Camera: KP Photo Location: Liberty, Maine ISO: 500 Shutter Speed: 1/250s Aperture: F3.2 
Posted By: SSGGeezer, 05-26-2018, 08:04 PM

A chickadee in my plum tree worrying a bit of seed from a sunflower sheel; then after it was dropped, the chickadee stared down below the tree like it would fly back to it. 1st is Chickadee with... 2nd is Where did it go?

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX KP  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX KP  Photo 

Views: 700
06-01-2018, 02:18 PM - 1 Like   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
That second shot is really good (not saying the first isn't though).
Great focus on the chickadee!
06-01-2018, 02:29 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jpzk Quote
That second shot is really good (not saying the first isn't though).
Great focus on the chickadee!
Thanks for the kind words! I love the chickadees since they are pretty much fearless when I bring out the "big eye" of my camera.
06-10-2018, 10:59 AM   #4
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by SSGGeezer Quote
Thanks for the kind words! I love the chickadees since they are pretty much fearless when I bring out the "big eye" of my camera.
During the winter, which is when I keep our birdfeeder full, a chickadee is the one deputized by the other birds to make sure I do the job correctly.

06-10-2018, 03:27 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
During the winter, which is when I keep our birdfeeder full, a chickadee is the one deputized by the other birds to make sure I do the job correctly.
The Woodpeckers ensure that I keep the Suet feeders full, They pound on the Porch beams if I let it get empty, This is all four seasons. Then they attack the bark of my Plum trees.
06-10-2018, 03:31 PM   #6
Marketplace Reseller

Wonderful photos
06-13-2018, 02:24 PM   #7
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by SSGGeezer Quote
The Woodpeckers ensure that I keep the Suet feeders full, They pound on the Porch beams if I let it get empty, This is all four seasons. Then they attack the bark of my Plum trees.
I feed woodpeckers suet in the winter, but I expect them to do their jobs and kill insects during the summer. So far, they don't seem to have associated the suet with our {aluminum clad} house.