Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
a trial by sunlight!!
Posted By: dudlew, 02-23-2007, 05:03 PM

After seeing darkstorm82's beautiful HDR sunset picture, I decided to try this thing myself, So I downloaded the Photomatix demo, and decided I would try to find a scene where HDR would be of a great help. So there I was at work, and these nice looking clouds presented themselves. So I decided to take a few pics and see what I get. I was rushed as I was still at work, so these were handheld.

I was using the demo version of Photomatix, hence the watermark in one image. I attempted to clone it out in the other one with limited success just to display here. I think I will buy this software. I think its worth it if you are planning on selling high contrast landscape shots in particular.

Anyway enough long winded babble. Here are the pics:

Tell me what you think of my quick and dirty HDR images.

D
Views: 2,525
02-23-2007, 05:15 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I like the second shot. I'd like to see a bit more blue in the sky.
02-23-2007, 07:38 PM   #3

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
I decided to buy Photomatix.....

I have only played with it for a few days now but I just couldn't help it. I tried a few other like artizen and FDR tools, but prefer the results of Photomatix.

I am posting another quick and dirty try

I need to perfect alot of things including my shooting and preparation and patience, but I see me really loving and utilising this software.

D