Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Soccer Season is Back in SoCal!
Posted By: JETninja, 09-10-2008, 10:13 AM

AYSO that is!

I have 4 boys, oldest two teens just recently out grew the league (U19 is top) so its nice to have only 2 boys to run out with every Saturday!

First are my BU8, #2. It was about 9am or so. 2nd series is my BU12, #8. He plays both the Field and Keeper. This game was at Noon or so....

All shots Handheld with Promaster 200mm F3.3, think I shot F5.6 for both series. Lens is old and heavy, manual focus, manual everything! Not easy, but decent bokah IMO. First real use with the lens since I bought it on here for $30. With practice I'll get better! Some light PP with Picasa2. ISO 100. Last pic shows some horrible CA. (and I have a cropped one that looks better, but not uploaded yet..)

Mine!

Styling!

Focus Hard!!

Fight for the Ball!

Pre-Game Practice

And the Wind-Up!

Up & Down the Field

2nd Half, Game Face!

Stretch! (did get a finger on it...Ha Ha)

Hope you enjoy!

Last edited by JETninja; 09-10-2008 at 12:11 PM.
Views: 1,620
09-10-2008, 10:17 AM   #2

Not seeing any images here Jet.
09-10-2008, 10:26 AM   #3

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Hmmm....I just made the Albums public, maybe that will help. (Picasa albums)

Cause of course I see them fine! LOL!

Can anyone suggest how to get Picasa pics to show? I rt clicked each pic and got it's url, then pasted with img tags...

These are the Albums.

U8
http://picasaweb.google.com/jetninja/BU081stGame?authkey=NVSkVoMs-tg#

U12
http://picasaweb.google.com/jetninja/BU121stGame?authkey=37i9vD9wX94#
09-10-2008, 10:27 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Nope, not working...

09-10-2008, 10:37 AM   #5

I think that in picasa you need to select "Embed image", pick a thumbnail size and then paste that code here instead of an image link as google doesn't like hotlinking.
09-10-2008, 11:10 AM   #6

Original Poster
Fixed! Moved copies to Photobucket....Sorry for the hassle folks. Had no idea Picasa could be so finicky. I'm keeping albums on it for the team parents....
09-10-2008, 12:46 PM   #7
mel
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nice shots and lots of fun. Our first weekend of games got rained out by Hanna. For some odd reason the league didn't think we should play in a tropical storm. Wimps. So of course after our games this weekend I'll be posting shots of my own. I shot last springs season and it was a huge hit with all the parents.

I love the second one where the kid is losing his shorts. They are so oblivious to everything out there. What lens are you using?

edit: nevermind I found your lens info.

Next question: Are either of these regulation field or smaller sided?

I've got U16 and U10 (twins). And btw, I have 5 boys.

09-10-2008, 01:54 PM   #8

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mel Quote
Nice shots and lots of fun. Our first weekend of games got rained out by Hanna. For some odd reason the league didn't think we should play in a tropical storm. Wimps. So of course after our games this weekend I'll be posting shots of my own. I shot last springs season and it was a huge hit with all the parents.

I love the second one where the kid is losing his shorts. They are so oblivious to everything out there. What lens are you using?

edit: nevermind I found your lens info.

Next question: Are either of these regulation field or smaller sided?

I've got U16 and U10 (twins). And btw, I have 5 boys.

Our Region is Region 84, it's actually the 2nd or 3rd largest Region in the USA! (Mission Viejo, we always have 3000+ kids in AYSO, and dozens of Club Teams) The largest is the one in New Mexico, it is the entire state! LOL!

The U8 is played 7v7.....U12 is Full 11v11 on a full sized field with Adult Goals. (as you can tell by my Son's attempt for that high kick!) And yes, losing the shorts (my youngest boy) is one of my favs as well!

I look forward to better colors, better lighting as the season goes into Fall....
09-10-2008, 02:14 PM   #9
mel
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by JETninja Quote
Our Region is Region 84, it's actually the 2nd or 3rd largest Region in the USA! (Mission Viejo, we always have 3000+ kids in AYSO, and dozens of Club Teams) The largest is the one in New Mexico, it is the entire state! LOL!

The U8 is played 7v7.....U12 is Full 11v11 on a full sized field with Adult Goals. (as you can tell by my Son's attempt for that high kick!) And yes, losing the shorts (my youngest boy) is one of my favs as well!

I look forward to better colors, better lighting as the season goes into Fall....

We don't have AYSO here but we played it one season in Oregon during one of our stints there.

This year we have 7v7 and reg. If you have more time than you know what to do with (right. like anyone does), I have tons of soccer shots on my flickr, in sports, soccer, then U14 and U16. My current U10s were playing baseball. My U14 had to drop out due to a bout of mono. We're blue.

Is that your son who is the goalkeeper? I play keeper myself in indoor. I also play, ref and have coached for years. I'm not officially coaching this year but I have found for some reason, I'm coaching.

Looking forward seeing more from your teams.
09-10-2008, 02:32 PM   #10

Original Poster
Yes, the Red head is son #3 in the U12 series. (he's 10) The Blond is Son #4 (#2 jersey) in the first series.

The Red head has been playing mostly Keeper the past 3 seasons, he got to spend some time with a Keeper coach on my U19 team last year and really likes it. This year though, he's one of three on the team and the shortest. To tell the truth I'm sorta glad, he has good field skills and I don't want him to lose that....

He also plays Little League.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
DMC-TZ1  Photo 
09-10-2008, 03:21 PM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

nice shots! I coached my son the first (and only) year he tried AYSO (when he was like 5.. he's 11 now) and I must have been a bad coach because he has never wanted to play again! I don't think I could pay him to play.
09-10-2008, 03:23 PM   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I think I recognize that field though and it's a nice one. Used to play Ultimate frisbee there...