Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
Skwerl pics
Lens: Promaster 70-300 Camera: K-50 Photo Location: Pugetropolis 
Posted By: RoxnDox, 06-07-2018, 10:32 AM

Here are a few images I shot from the home office window the other day, of our little red Douglas Squirrel having breakfast. Douglas' are the native species here in western Washington, but they're being displaced by the larger, more aggressive Gray tree-rats. So I'm always happy when we get a family of reds around here. Taken with the old Promaster 70-300 on the K-50, handheld and shooting thru a double-pane window. A bit of CA if you look really close, but the pics turned out well for my little furry friend (Otis says she *is* friendly and I *will* continue to provide rations...)

Gotta scratch that itch!

You wonder how much they can see the other direction...

Views: 781
06-07-2018, 11:30 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Nice photos, thanks for sharing these skwerls!
06-10-2018, 05:29 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by RoxnDox Quote
Here are a few images I shot from the home office window the other day, of our little red Douglas Squirrel having breakfast. Douglas' are the native species here in western Washington, but they're being displaced by the larger, more aggressive Gray tree-rats. So I'm always happy when we get a family of reds around here. Taken with the old Promaster 70-300 on the K-50, handheld and shooting thru a double-pane window. A bit of CA if you look really close, but the pics turned out well for my little furry friend (Otis says she *is* friendly and I *will* continue to provide rations...)

Gotta scratch that itch!

You wonder how much they can see the other direction...
Since you mentioned Otis, I hope you're posting this on Rupert's squirrel thread also.
06-10-2018, 05:57 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

A fun series to look at.

06-10-2018, 07:16 AM   #5
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Skwerl pics
Great shots... but I must admit to laughing out loud at the spelling... I never seen it spelt like that before i.e. the way it sounds so correct when you read it.
06-12-2018, 02:25 PM   #6
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Kerrowdown, I admit there's just a tiny possibility that I started spelling it that way deliberately to annoy a pedantic acquaintance years ago... <grin>

I seem to have lost track of the Rupert/Otis Squirrel Thread, but I'll go look for it again and put Lil' Red up there
06-12-2018, 02:44 PM   #7
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
I admit there's just a tiny possibility
Good for you...