Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Macro w/non macro lens - I guess
Posted By: wa5am, 09-11-2008, 08:46 AM

I have not had much time to play with my new FA77mm Limited lately, so I thought I would try it a little this morning after a light rain. These are the same frame, but one is full frame and the other is cropped for the center of this Mallow Hibiscus. Reduced/resampled of course for posting here. I love the Bokeh this lens gives. Handheld with built in flash on my K20D. 1/90th @ f/8 if I remember right. I feel like I blew the highlights a bit, but still "pops" for me.

Comments would be appreciated, good or bad.

Thanks,
"Morg"
Views: 1,184
09-11-2008, 07:01 PM   #2
Damn Brit

Wonderful detail in the crop, it looks just a tad over exposed though.
09-12-2008, 05:24 AM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Damn Brit Quote
Wonderful detail in the crop, it looks just a tad over exposed though.
Thanks for the comment Gary. I agree that it was a little blown out, plus I'm sure I have not got the gamma on my monitor adjusted right. Everything seems a bit darker than it should be.

Thanks Again,
Morg
09-12-2008, 05:28 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Outside of the slight overexposure (white portions) it looks great on my monitor.

09-12-2008, 06:12 AM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mithrandir Quote
Outside of the slight overexposure (white portions) it looks great on my monitor.
Thanks for the comments! I think I will spend a little more time today on my monitor gamma. I don't think it's off much, but just enough to make me think I need to increase the highlights when I apply a curve or something.