Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Walking Stick Revisited-Elements 6
Posted By: acbees, 09-11-2008, 06:00 PM

Sorry, but got to looking at these and decided to spend a little more time with them. I'm just fascinated with the way these bugs are put together. Never really had a chance to look at them that close before. After a little processing and cropping, here's two of the three that I posted yesterday.
Again, taken with the K20 and L A Dine.
Arvin

[IMG][/IMG]

Crop of original 1:1
[IMG][/IMG]
Views: 1,399
09-11-2008, 06:09 PM   #2
Damn Brit

Hey Arvin, nice work.
09-11-2008, 06:40 PM   #3

Photos: Gallery
He looks a bit like a lobster, especially in the second one.

Great capture! thanks for posting!

-Chris

Last edited by hinckc; 09-12-2008 at 04:12 AM. Reason: grammer
09-11-2008, 10:02 PM   #4

QuoteOriginally posted by hinckc Quote
He a bit like a lobster, especially in the second one.
I was thinking that

Fascinating creatures and nice shots Arvin, i think the second one works better as it concentrates on the details.

09-12-2008, 01:16 AM   #5

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Thanks for the comments guys. I agree about the second one, the "pose" is better. Have tried to get shots of these before with little success. Earlier this spring a smaller one that was totally green got on my wife's jeans as she was sitting in a lawn chair. I took several shots of that one but not one came out that was worth keeping. Really disappointed. Was luckier this time.
Arvin
09-12-2008, 08:51 AM   #6

Nice shots, but man, those things are creepy. I remember when I was a kid being out at my grandparent's in the country, and those things would just fall out of no where and land on you. Talk about scaring the crap out someone.

Randy