Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
2 Likes  #1
Another Beach Scene
Lens: Lensbaby Velvet 56 Camera: K-3II Photo Location: Devon, UK ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: 1/3200s Aperture: F2.8 
Posted By: victormeldrew, 06-14-2018, 03:13 PM

Another from my Winter Beach series. Taken using the Lensbaby Velvet...I forget (never noted) the exact aperture, but from the looks of it not quite fully wide open (velvety) so probably f2.0 or f2.8

I was taking some images of the outflow marker at low tide when the dog just wandered into shot. It really sums up my beach in winter, when it is the dogs' domain, playing in the surf and fetching sticks. They aren't allowed on the sand in summer when the tourists are about, so they make the most of it while they can!

Comments welcome. In case you're not familiar with the Velvet 56, comments about focus do not apply. And yes, after probably decades in the surf, the marker is no longer vertical!

Views: 192
06-15-2018, 08:13 AM   #2

good misty shot of black dog ghost walking by the sea.
06-15-2018, 01:46 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Exudes a feeling of mystery - very nice concept.

Jer
07-26-2018, 03:38 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by victormeldrew Quote
Another from my Winter Beach series. Taken using the Lensbaby Velvet...I forget (never noted) the exact aperture, but from the looks of it not quite fully wide open (velvety) so probably f2.0 or f2.8

I was taking some images of the outflow marker at low tide when the dog just wandered into shot. It really sums up my beach in winter, when it is the dogs' domain, playing in the surf and fetching sticks. They aren't allowed on the sand in summer when the tourists are about, so they make the most of it while they can!

Comments welcome. In case you're not familiar with the Velvet 56, comments about focus do not apply. And yes, after probably decades in the surf, the marker is no longer vertical!

Nice and soft!