Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
A real sweetheart.
Lens: Takumar F 70~210mm Lens Camera: Pentax K100d Super Photo Location: Neighborhood. ISO: 200 Shutter Speed: 1/60s Aperture: F8 
Posted By: Tonytee, 06-15-2018, 07:37 PM

Focal Length @ 83mm, Manual Exposure Mode, No flash and used CWA Metering. I am a real dog lover and I must admit, this girl is the most affectionate dog I have ever met. Once you start petting her and talking to her, you cannot stop. She will nudge your hand until you are dead. I became captivated by her beautiful eyes. She is a rescue dog and was about to be put down because some bone head loaded her up with buck shot. She still has a few in her right hip, but she doesn't seem to worse off because of it.
She did manage to have two litters in her time. A treat to meet her. Her owner asked me to take some shots of this dog and the other one. Be sure to scroll down for more shots. thnx. tt

Thanks for viewing.

tt

---------- Post added 06-15-18 at 07:42 PM ----------

Same everything. Thanks for viewing.

tt[COLOR="Silver"]

---------- Post added 06-15-18 at 08:00 PM ----------

---------- Post added 06-15-18 at 08:13 PM ----------

This gorgeous is also a rescue dog. She was rescued from a Greyhound Racing Track in Portland, Ore., called, Portland Meadows Greyhound Racing. Once she made her former owners very wealthy and was unable to race anymore, they threw her in a stall with no food and water. Needless to say there was no one willing to care for her. Her current owner, Mary heard of the program and ended up bringing Abbey home with her. She has been a real joy ever since. Abbey is now pushing 12 years of age and is doing fine except her throat has a tendency to become inflamed and therefore causes her breathing to become labored. They put her on a Steroid therapy and appears to be tolerating the treatment very well. A very affectionate animal, although at first there is some trepidation or shyness however, once she feels comfortable with someone, she is just a love. Thanks for viewing. One more to go for Abbey. So scroll down.

TT

---------- Post added 06-15-18 at 08:19 PM ----------

Abbey, second edition. What a great face, eh? It was difficult saying goodbye to these two characters as I have a tendency to become attached to dogs almost instantaneously. Well, hope everyone enjoyed these flicks.

Thanks again for viewing.

tt

Last edited by Tonytee; 06-15-2018 at 08:04 PM. Reason: Additional Information.
Views: 517
06-16-2018, 08:01 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Your photos show an appreciation for dogs . Some friends belong to a group of former track dog owners and it is a treat to see a group of greyhounds playing at a dog park . Thanks for sharing.
06-16-2018, 08:23 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
A wonderful story Tony. Thanks.
06-16-2018, 03:29 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Gentlemen, I thank you both very much.

tt