Lens: Sigma 10-20/3.5 Camera: K-30 Photo Location: Florence, Italy 
Posted By: LensBeginner, 06-16-2018, 06:27 AM

Taken in Florence.
Arno_Sunset by Paolo Del Lungo, su Flickr
Views: 711
06-16-2018, 06:36 AM - 1 Like   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
You made very good use of UWA here - getting in both banks of this wide river, and making me feel I'm there with you ..... instead of viewing from a distance. When the aperture control of my K-30 does finally give up forever, this lens is the one I'll miss, because I don't have an equivalent with aperture ring.
06-16-2018, 06:43 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
You made very good use of UWA here - getting in both banks of this wide river, and making me feel I'm there with you ..... instead of viewing from a distance. When the aperture control of my K-30 does finally give up forever, this lens is the one I'll miss, because I don't have an equivalent with aperture ring.
Let's hope you manage to repair it, or find another body if and when it happens

When I was posting for advice regarding UWAs, there were some people who kept telling me to "just take a step back"... b0110ck5! you can't take a step back on a bridge, or in the narrow alleys in the centro storico of all Tuscan cities etc.
I took the same picture with the 18-55 @18, and the photo wasn't there... I couldn't fit the reflection as well as the whole cloud, so it was just a dull view from a bridge.
06-16-2018, 06:53 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by LensBeginner Quote
Let's hope you manage to repair it, or find another body if and when it happens
Right now, I'm saving money for a KP. What puzzles me is that the K-30 is supposed to be a slight variation on the K-01, but there aren't any reports of that kind of problem with the K-01.

06-16-2018, 07:17 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
Right now, I'm saving money for a KP. What puzzles me is that the K-30 is supposed to be a slight variation on the K-01, but there aren't any reports of that kind of problem with the K-01.
Only the sensor is the same, K-30 has a lot more functions.
K-01 was a strange camera... utterly castrated via firmware: for instance, max burst with RAW is 1fps, but if you do bracketing you get 3fps, and still end up with 3 RAWs!

The whole issue started just after that with the K-30... so I guess the actual change of supplier must have happened in Q2 2012.
06-16-2018, 07:25 AM   #6
Veteran Member

That's really pretty, I like both banks, and the sunset directly on the bridge, reflection in the water.
In short, well done!
06-16-2018, 08:06 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by bertwert Quote
That's really pretty, I like both banks, and the sunset directly on the bridge, reflection in the water.
In short, well done!
Thank you very much!
It was certainly a fortunate combination of circumstances.
Earlier I photographed that boat you see there, which was full of Madonne fiorentine wearing traditional costumes.