Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
2 Likes  #1
A Quiet Evening's Paddle
Lens: AF Tamron 70-300mm tele-macro Camera: K-70 Photo Location: Bald Eagle Creek 
Posted By: joelbolden, 06-16-2018, 10:57 PM

I'm an avid kayaker who loves to cruise the rivers, creeks and small lakes in the area of Central Pennsylvania and try and capture the life along it's banks. The other day I was paddling along Bald Eagle Creek (and there are a lot of Bald Eagles) and everywhere I looked it seemed that Tiger Swallowtail butterflies were feeding on Gray Dogwood flowers which were literally choking the banks. Paddled up a small tributary and found one of the more beautiful and delicate wildflowers which grow in the shallow water along the streams....some Smaller forget-me-nots. They're only a max of a quarter inch in diameter. Then turned into a shallow bay and found a Whitetail Doe quietly walking along and drinking. She didn't seem bothered by my appearance at all...…..nice evening.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-70  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-70  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-70  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-70  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-70  Photo 

Views: 597
06-17-2018, 07:21 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nice series. Sounds like a beautiful place to enjoy two of your hobbies.
06-17-2018, 07:50 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Very nice, thanks for sharing
06-17-2018, 08:02 AM   #4
Pentaxian

I wish I could do that. I just can't sit in a Kayak very long.... solo canoe for me all the way... yet I still have my Yukon Expedition up in the shed, waiting for one last trip.
Nice shooting.

06-17-2018, 08:30 AM   #5
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by joelbolden Quote
I'm an avid kayaker who loves to cruise the rivers, creeks and small lakes in the area of Central Pennsylvania and try and capture the life along it's banks. The other day I was paddling along Bald Eagle Creek (and there are a lot of Bald Eagles) and everywhere I looked it seemed that Tiger Swallowtail butterflies were feeding on Gray Dogwood flowers which were literally choking the banks. Paddled up a small tributary and found one of the more beautiful and delicate wildflowers which grow in the shallow water along the streams....some Smaller forget-me-nots. They're only a max of a quarter inch in diameter. Then turned into a shallow bay and found a Whitetail Doe quietly walking along and drinking. She didn't seem bothered by my appearance at all...…..nice evening.
Thankyou for taking us along on your trip.
06-17-2018, 10:58 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Some beautiful images, Joel. Thanks for sharing them with us. I especially love the very tranquil shot of the deer. It has a very calming, soothing effect.