Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
2 Likes  #1
Connecticut River Scenes
Camera: Panasonic LX100 Photo Location: Near Enfield, CT 
Posted By: Sailor, 06-18-2018, 03:59 PM

Since we stopped sailing a few years ago, my photography tends to fade during the summer months of choking heat and brassy sun. However, while in Connecticut last month to see my newborn granddaughter, Piper, I did get a little time with my P&S to photograph some scenes around the Connecticut River near Enfield at Windsor Locks - a state rec area that's preserved a canal and locks built in the 1820s to allow cargo craft to circumvent the difficult Enfield Rapids.

Here are several photos I took while there. The last two shots respectively show the remains of one of the locks and the canal with the artificial dike on the left; it's hard to imagine the exhausting labor that would have been needed to build this thing in the early 19th century. You can click on the pics to increase their sizes.

Jer

Last edited by Sailor; 06-18-2018 at 04:31 PM.
Views: 562
06-18-2018, 04:04 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Very nice, I like the shot of the bridge stretching over the water
06-18-2018, 04:12 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
Since we stopped sailing a few years ago, my photography tends to fade during the summer months of choking heat and brassy sun. However, while in Connecticut last month to see my newborn granddaughter, Piper, I did get a little time with my P&S to photograph some scenes around the Connecticut River near Enfield at a Windsor Locks - a state rec area that's preserved a canal and locks built in the 1820s to allow cargo craft to circumvent the difficult Enfield Rapids.

Here are several photos I took while there. The last two shots respectively show the remains of one of the locks and the canal with the artificial dike on the left; it's hard to imagine the exhausting labor that would have been need to build this thing in the early 19th century. You can click on the pics to increase their sizes.
We used to live just north of Springfield MA - the area is very pretty.
Some time you should ride the train / boat excursion that leaves from Essex CT; it gives all kinds of views you cannot get any other way.
06-19-2018, 05:16 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by bertwert Quote
Very nice, I like the shot of the bridge stretching over the water
Thanks much. I like that one too.

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
Some time you should ride the train / boat excursion that leaves from Essex CT; it gives all kinds of views you cannot get any other way.
As it happens, we did that very thing this time last year - it makes for a terrific afternoon. We also loved Essex, itself; an archetypal New England town.

Jer