Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 14 Likes Search this Thread
9 Likes  
Turtles laying eggs.
Posted By: Jorgario, 06-19-2018, 08:10 AM

The owner at the hotel we were staying just run to us and told us that the turtles will be arriving that night to Ostional Beach to lay her eggs (know as the: arribada). We took the car and saw the first turtles arriving ... and laying eggs ...

Views: 1,922
06-20-2018, 11:03 AM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
And thank you for raising this issue. The way people blythley talk about preparing for the raffle, but do so little otherwise, I don't think they're aware how tenuous @Adam's promise is. People who post primarily in this section could help so immensely if they would just post a little more each day .... so I wouldn't have to.
Sorry for continuing to hijack your thread Jorgario, The way I read it was Adam was doing this hoping MORE people would continue to participate in the forum for the next three months. I do NOT believe that Adams intention was to have a handful of people post a hundred times a day just to reach 40,000. I doubt that Adam has suddenly developed a serious Santa Claus complex and is jonesin' to give away over $3000.00 worth of camera equipment. But maybe I'm wrong.

06-20-2018, 11:09 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by DW58 Quote
Sorry for continuing to hijack your thread Jorgario,
No problem for that, as long as it does the job for continuing posting and posting to reach Adams and PF's goal ....

---------- Post added 06-20-18 at 12:12 PM ----------

It is nice to see people posting and posting in a thread you started ... Here more pics from my MX-1:

06-20-2018, 11:45 AM   #18
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Beautiful shots. We were in Costa Rica for ten days and only one night with a colorful sunset. We were a little south of Manuel Antonio at Dominical. I'll try to hunt it down and post it here if you don't mind.
06-20-2018, 11:48 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Brilliant series! It is super cool that the kids got to see that also.

06-20-2018, 12:21 PM - 1 Like   #20
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Hey Jorgario. This was our nicest sunset we had on the trip. At Dominical. Hoping to get the chance to visit your country again some time.

Edit: Oops. Just notice the horizon is a bit askew.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 

Last edited by DW58; 06-20-2018 at 01:08 PM.
06-20-2018, 12:30 PM   #21
Pentaxian

Sorry for continuing to hijack your thread Jorgario, The way I read it was Adam was doing this hoping MORE people would continue to participate in the forum for the next three months. I do NOT believe that Adams intention was to have a handful of people post a hundred times a day just to reach 40,000. I doubt that Adam has suddenly developed a serious Santa Claus complex and is jonesin' to give away over $3000.00 worth of camera equipment. But maybe I'm wrong.
Sorry, Jorgario, but this does need an answer. At least it is keeping this particular thread high in the list.

As I continue to say, I raised my activity rate because the community as a whole was lagging. I get no great joy from this - I do have other uses for this time. I will revert to my normal rate once the community does raise its overall participation rate, particularly the part of the community that is most active here.
06-20-2018, 12:40 PM   #22
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Sorry, Jorgario, but this does need an answer. At least it is keeping this particular thread high in the list.

As I continue to say, I raised my activity rate because the community as a whole was lagging. I get no great joy from this - I do have other uses for this time. I will revert to my normal rate once the community does raise its overall participation rate, particularly the part of the community that is most active here.
And I will repeat as well. I cannot speak for Adam but I suspect his priority is to have more people participate in the forum during the next three months. NOT to give away cameras. I'm done with this conversation.

06-20-2018, 12:46 PM   #23
Pentaxian

And I will repeat as well. I cannot speak for Adam but I suspect his priority is to have more people participate in the forum during the next three months. NOT to give away cameras. I'm done with this conversation.
And when more people participate to the point of being noticeable/effective, I will gladly bow out.
I am also done with this.
06-20-2018, 02:59 PM   #24
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Beautiful shots. We were in Costa Rica for ten days and only one night with a colorful sunset. We were a little south of Manuel Antonio at Dominical. I'll try to hunt it down and post it here if you don't mind.
Not at all, it will be a pleasure to see your pict ...

---------- Post added 06-20-18 at 04:01 PM ----------

Hey Jorgario. This was our nicest sunset we had on the trip. At Dominical. Hoping to get the chance to visit your country again some time.
It was not that bad, I guess the period of the year counts on that .... The orientation of Guanacaste helps a lot to have betters sunset than Puntarenas (if this tells you something).

---------- Post added 06-20-18 at 04:02 PM ----------

Sorry, Jorgario, .... At least it is keeping this particular thread high in the list.
No problem and yes, indeed !!

---------- Post added 06-20-18 at 04:05 PM ----------

Going to the blue hour:

[/URL]

[/URL]

[/URL]
06-20-2018, 03:40 PM   #25
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Jorgario Quote
The orientation of Guanacaste helps a lot to have betters sunset than Puntarenas (if this tells you something).
Yes it does. Studied maps of Costa Rica many times. We were there in April. Rainy season had just started. After landing in San Jose we headed to Arenal then south to Puntarenas. Next time, we go to Guanacaste then east to the Caribbean side. Then the NEXT time we'll hang out on the Osa Peninsula. Hell. I might as well just move there. (Don't I wish) Truth be told my sunset pic has had some help in post. Was not quite that colorful. But it's a great memory.
06-20-2018, 03:51 PM   #26
Veteran Member

Sweet! Thanks for sharing.
06-21-2018, 10:26 AM   #27
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by SSGGeezer Quote
Brilliant series! It is super cool that the kids got to see that also.
Yes !! That's true. And one of them naged me very hard because the guide explains us very firmly that we can not be in front of the turtle while digging the hole in the sand. In the case the turtle sees some body while digging, then she leaves and start digging somewhere else. But, when the turtle start laying, she looses consciousness, and then you can even stand up on her shell !!

---------- Post added 06-21-18 at 11:28 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by krre23 Quote
Sweet! Thanks for sharing.
Thanks for commenting !!
06-21-2018, 10:48 AM   #28
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Jorgario Quote
Yes !! That's true. And one of them naged me very hard because the guide explains us very firmly that we can not be in front of the turtle while digging the hole in the sand. In the case the turtle sees some body while digging, then she leaves and start digging somewhere else. But, when the turtle start laying, she looses consciousness, and then you can even stand up on her shell !!
Around ten years ago, my family was at Cape Hatteras, North Carolina {USA} at about this time of year. We went there partly to see the area where the Wright Brothers flew their first airplane and partly to see {and photograph} the lighthouse, but the thing I couldn't photograph was turtles. Turtles also lay eggs there, and the U.S. Government had a major part of the beach blocked off. I had wondered what we were missing. Thank you!
06-21-2018, 01:47 PM   #29
Veteran Member

Edisto Island in South Carolina has the same thing going on in September I believe. Half of the island is resort type rentals and the northern half is a State Park.
06-23-2018, 11:21 AM   #30
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thank you!
You're welcome ant thanks to you reh321 for the interest in this thread !

---------- Post added 06-23-18 at 12:21 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by SSGGeezer Quote
Edisto Island in South Carolina has the same thing going on in September I believe. Half of the island is resort type rentals and the northern half is a State Park.
Good to know !

---------- Post added 06-23-18 at 12:24 PM ----------

Some more image of this same place and day:

[/URL]

[/URL]

[/URL]

[/URL]