Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 5 Likes Search this Thread
3 Likes  #1
Daddy's Home With Trout for Supper!
Lens: Sigma APO 120-200 F4.5-5.6 DG HSM OS Camera: KP Photo Location: Searsmont, Maine ISO: 400 Shutter Speed: 1/500s Aperture: F9 
Posted By: SSGGeezer, 06-19-2018, 07:42 PM

One of the Osprey families I try to shoot pictures of is within five miles of home so after getting back from a day out, i went to see if the nestlings were poking their heads up yet. But as i was shooting a few of just Mom, Dad flew in with a nice little trout for the kids.
Wake up kids
Eat your trout
I said settle down
trout for dinner
wait your turn
watchful Dad

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX KP  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX KP  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX KP  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX KP  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX KP  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX KP  Photo 

Views: 679
06-19-2018, 08:09 PM - 1 Like   #2
Veteran Member

Mice series, thanks for sharing
06-19-2018, 08:18 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by SSGGeezer Quote
One of the Osprey families I try to shoot pictures of is within five miles of home so after getting back from a day out, i went to see if the nestlings were poking their heads up yet. But as i was shooting a few of just Mom, Dad flew in with a nice little trout for the kids.
Wake up kids
Eat your trout
I said settle down
trout for dinner
wait your turn
watchful Dad
So, the ospreys just built a nest in this location? They will have to deal with lousy flight plan, and utility company with just have to deal with their presence?

That may explain why our local power company erected a double-high pole-with-platform in a county part at their own expense. The ospreys have a good location, and the power company's poles are safe.
06-19-2018, 08:21 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
So, the ospreys just built a nest in this location? They will have to deal with lousy flight plan, and utility company with just have to deal with their presence?

That may explain why our local power company erected a double-high pole-with-platform in a county part at their own expense. The ospreys have a good location, and the power company's poles are safe.
They are federally protected. The other family I follow is atop a cell tower due East of me. Their nest and they have to be left alone, period, end of story. They are not Eagles but technically in the Hawk family I think. This is even though they are often called Sea Eagles.

Last edited by SSGGeezer; 06-20-2018 at 04:16 AM.
06-20-2018, 01:41 AM - 1 Like   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Nice series ! It is a good thing to see more ospreys in production .