Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
5 Likes  
Istanbul 2 - Topkapi Palace
Posted By: LensBeginner, 06-21-2018, 05:22 AM

Part 1 is here.

One of the most famous tourist attractions in Istanbul, so it's quite difficult to get something good.

At the right time of the year, the gardens literally overflow with roses
Topkapi_1 by Paolo Del Lungo, su Flickr

This kind of DR is a technical challenge
Topkapi_2 by Paolo Del Lungo, su Flickr

A pavilion with a nice vista
Topkapi_3 by Paolo Del Lungo, su Flickr

Light plays with the window glass
Topkapi_4 by Paolo Del Lungo, su Flickr
Views: 515
07-10-2018, 07:03 AM - 1 Like   #16
retired sw engineer
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by IgorZ Quote
How did you manage not to get any tourists in any of the photos?! That's quite an achievement!
I've come to the point where I try to include some people to add life to the scene .... but, that is just the style I've developed

07-10-2018, 07:30 AM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
I've come to the point where I try to include some people to add life to the scene .... but, that is just the style I've developed
Yeah I remember your comment regarding one of my pictures from Venice... been thinking about it since
Perhaps it simply goes to show each one's respective personality

When selecting the pics to post from my last promenade in Boboli and Giardino Bardini, I had the choice between three images I took from the same spot, and in the end I chose the one with the tourist photographing the panorama with his smartphone, because I liked the relationship and how it got the eye moving from one spot to the other in the picture.
It's no masterpiece, merely an ok photo with no glaring technical defects (actually one... I could have used the 28mm instead of the 10-20 at 20mm, or cropped a little tighter), but what I like most was how I tried to incorporate other people's suggestions in my way of thinking

I still like the magnificence of a huge architectural opus - be it a cathedral, a square etc. - completely devoid of human life... it's fascinating if a little cold and awe-inspiring.
A bit like the Ideal City by Melozzo da Forlė... with its rendering-like qualities
07-10-2018, 08:48 AM   #18
retired sw engineer
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by LensBeginner Quote
Yeah I remember your comment regarding one of my pictures from Venice... been thinking about it since
Perhaps it simply goes to show each one's respective personality

When selecting the pics to post from my last promenade in Boboli and Giardino Bardini, I had the choice between three images I took from the same spot, and in the end I chose the one with the tourist photographing the panorama with his smartphone, because I liked the relationship and how it got the eye moving from one spot to the other in the picture.
It's no masterpiece, merely an ok photo with no glaring technical defects (actually one... I could have used the 28mm instead of the 10-20 at 20mm, or cropped a little tighter), but what I like most was how I tried to incorporate other people's suggestions in my way of thinking

I still like the magnificence of a huge architectural opus - be it a cathedral, a square etc. - completely devoid of human life... it's fascinating if a little cold and awe-inspiring.
A bit like the Ideal City by Melozzo da Forlė... with its rendering-like qualities
I came to an interest in photography through my interest in railroads, so it was natural for me to be photographing tourist railroads. In 1973 I had ridden one and then stood around for some time waiting for everyone to clear out of the way so I could take a picture of the train with no people blocking the details. As I looked at my pictures later, I realized this train was pointless without people - it's sole purpose was to run around a loop carrying lots of people, and without those people I was missing part of the story. My thoughts have progressed steadily from that point.