Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
A few photos from holidays...
Posted By: celetron, 09-12-2008, 03:43 PM

Just a few photos i think i could post...

Views: 1,373
09-12-2008, 04:26 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
The last one is a really nice shot. Onboard flash or shoe mount? I like the second shot as well...
09-12-2008, 04:39 PM   #3
Veteran Member

really like the last one... nice shots. JIMBO
09-12-2008, 05:51 PM   #4
Inactive Account

Actually, I LOVE number 2. I don't want to take away from it, but I'd love to see what a tripod might have done for that shot. Now, I am guessing, and I may be wrong, because the camera movement may have added something to the softness of the waves in the foreground. I do really like it and would probably hang it. I might work on it to remove to double images of the hills, but then again maybe not. Don't get me wrong. After all that rambling I still LOVE it.

I do also like number 1. Different. Nice and grainey, has a gritty film like feel. (Is it? If not, where did the noise come from, as I like it). Interesting backdrop, almost looks like mist or fog. Nice subject, interesting pose. Not natural, but not unnatural somehow either. A definite keeper.

Number 3 is not my cup of tea, but that's just because I don't like flash and you so wowed me with your B&W prowess.

Nice series. Keep up the very nice work. Definitley not your run-o-the mill travel photos.

woof.

09-12-2008, 06:29 PM   #5
JMR
Veteran Member

Nice work. I am partial to no-2- otherworldly.

JMR
09-12-2008, 07:02 PM   #6
Damn Brit

Hi Christos, #1 could almost be a still from "Dr. No", the first James Bond movie. Your model makes a great Ursula Undress stand in.
#2 is the best image, surreal quality to it. I agree with Seaain with regards to the hills in the background.
#3 is a good shot but it's kind of generic.

All in all, great work, thanks for posting. Which island were you on?
09-13-2008, 12:08 AM   #7
Veteran Member

The first shot has the sexy feel to it. I would prefer the hand to be left free which would be quite liberating to look at.

The 2nd one is the best of the lot. Artistic and full of movement. This is a level hard to achieve

The last shot is beautiful with the wonderful spot light on her face. The image has the film grain look to it. It works for me.

All very impressive

09-13-2008, 12:17 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Thank you all for your comments.

Camera: Sony cyber-shot DSC-W55 (i think is a $100 camera or something)

I couldn't possibly curry my SLR with me on the beach and enjoy my swimming...

Anyways, the grain comes from SilverEfexPro, as well as the B&W conversion.

No 1 background has a bit misty background intentionally and SilverEfexPro helped a lot on that.

No 2 is my favourite one. I think that with tripod you would lose that surreal atmosphere.

No 3 is not that special but i am impressed for a $100 camera snapshot. Ok it has the heaviest pp but still it is a nice snapshot.
09-13-2008, 12:42 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Christos

Thank you for sharing the information with us. It is not surprising that point and shoot could render such beautiful images. I had seen so many favorite photos of mine in jpgmag.com where the majority of shots are taken by point and shoot! The funniest of all is that the camera I dislike the most - canon A70 was the main camera that captured some of the incredible photos.

So people with SLR shall utilise the brain behind the camera a lot more
09-13-2008, 01:50 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
I must say that I was a fun of A70 and A80, I also saw many beautiful images from these p&s cameras which apparently offer some nice manual settings that other p&s cameras wouldn't even think of. I noticed that my favourite photos many times came out of p&s cameras or of my MX. That makes me think that all these new tech features of new dslrs call me off from my goal: the actual photo....