Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
2 Likes  
Flowers | Vivid Colors - Dark Background
Posted By: DimC, 06-23-2018, 02:55 AM

hi all,

Recently I've been contacted by a company, they've seen 2 pics of mine that were displayed a couple months ago at an exhibition in Paris.
The pictures in question were flowers with vivid colors and a dark background, very contrasty look. They were shot in nature, not in studio though, quiet a long time ago.

They are looking for some prints of this kind, explicitly asking for "Flowers or things related to flowers, with this dark background and saturated colors type look".
For the last 2 weeks I took weather opportunities to shoot some pictures with that in mind, I've got until July 2nd to provide at least 6 pics.
So basically today they are asking for Letter size prints (non framed) and a short bio.

They have asked a couple photographers to apply for this job they told me.

I intend to shoot more flowers next week, if weather permit, and make my selection by next thursday, print and send via post office by friday.
Here is a couple photo I already processed with this job in mind.

They were shot with the Tamron Macro /f2.8 or the Pentax SMC M 28mm /f2.8 lenses.
I've been using a Godox AD200 flash with Rogue Lightingfilters with mainly light blue or light green gels.
All PP in Lr CC, no external editor so far but I want to try the newer ON1 2018 version for theses shots as well.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 

Views: 905
07-17-2018, 12:58 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Here is the 6 shots I sent to the jury early july.

All Shot with the Tamron Macro /f2.8 lens.

I received an email from the company yesterday saying that they will buy two A3 size prints of each photo.
They didnt formaly ordered a new set of pics, they are just saying that if I can provide more images of this type they might be interrested by another set.

I've printed one copy of each photo on my Canon Pro 100 on Platinum Pro Paper, as a test to see how it looks.
I might add a little bit of contrast on some of them but with the Canon ICC profile it's been really accurate as is.
Oh, the red flower is very difficult for the printer, I can see myself doing a couple test print to get the color I want.

This is my first paid work with macro stuff, I was definitly NOT looking for accurate representation of the flowers and I think the client liked the colors in theses shots.

I look forward shooting more flowers in august, we will see how it goes.