Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
2 Likes  #1
My vacation from hell living nightmare
Camera: K5IIs Photo Location: Florida 
Posted By: charliezap, 06-23-2018, 01:03 PM

Most of you know on this page that we go to Florida for a month sometimes twice a year.We arrived in Englewood Fl on April 7th and we were having a great time til the day before we were supposed to leave on May 8th.My wife was talking spacey and seemed out of it.I thought that she may be having a stroke.I called 911 and they took her to Fawcett Hospital in Englewood.They found out that she had a serious infection in her heart valve and they moved her to Fawcett Memorial hospital in Port Charlotte where she had open heart surgery. There was no way that we were going to be stuck in Florida for recovery and rehab.When she was stable enough I put her on a Citation II med flight jet out of Punta Gorda Fl.We arrived in Ma.a week ago Wednesday and they took her to Mass General Hospital in Boston where she is now.It's going to be a slow process but at least we are back in the area.The picture of her in the hospital was before the surgery.My son Kevin flew back with us with our luggage. Air Trek was our savior and they were fantastic in making this happen.My humming bird was waiting for me when I got back.Keeping fingers crossed and saying prayers for happier days ahead.--charliezap

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II s  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II s  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II s  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II s  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
 Photo 
View Picture EXIF
 Photo 
View Picture EXIF
 Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II s  Photo 

Views: 1,329
06-23-2018, 01:42 PM   #2
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

So very sorry to hear this

You took great care of your wife, and I hope she makes a full and speedy (well, as speedy as can be expected) recovery. Please continue to let us know how you're both doing when you get the opportunity
06-23-2018, 03:09 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
So very sorry to hear this

You took great care of your wife, and I hope she makes a full and speedy (well, as speedy as can be expected) recovery. Please continue to let us know how you're both doing when you get the opportunity
Thanks for the reply.Her biggest problem is thinking of how her breathing is.She was intubated several times and is having a hard time weaning off of the ventilator.She needs to relax and take it easy but it is hard for her because she is a take charge and in control person.--charliezap
06-23-2018, 03:10 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Not much room in the Citation, is there?

It's good you were paying attention to your wife and got her the care she needed.

I'm praying she has a full and uncomplicated recovery.

06-23-2018, 03:12 PM   #5
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by charliezap Quote
Thanks for the reply.Her biggest problem is thinking of how her breathing is.She was intubated several times and is having a hard time weaning off of the ventilator.She needs to relax and take it easy but it is hard for her because she is a take charge and in control person.--charliezap
Ah dear, yes... I can imagine that must make her quite anxious, and that's a tough loop to break out of... But the positive side is that her doctors feel she's able to start weaning off the ventilator. It sounds like she's getting good care. Wishing you both all the best
06-23-2018, 07:30 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Hi Charlie, sorry to hear about your wife's illness, wishing her a speedy recovery. All the best to all of you, our prayers are with you.
06-24-2018, 01:58 PM - 1 Like   #7
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
Ah dear, yes... I can imagine that must make her quite anxious, and that's a tough loop to break out of... But the positive side is that her doctors feel she's able to start weaning off the ventilator. It sounds like she's getting good care. Wishing you both all the best
She's doing well all issues considered---She's probably going to flip out when I show her what I spent to get her to the Boston area.It's just less that the kids will get.--charliezap

06-24-2018, 02:06 PM   #8
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by charliezap Quote
She's doing well all issues considered---She's probably going to flip out when I show her what I spent to get her to the Boston area.It's just less that the kids will get.--charliezap
That's good to know

When the chips are down, Charlie, we do whatever we have to do, right?
06-24-2018, 03:38 PM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

A story well told and illustrated.
06-24-2018, 07:55 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Charlie, I'm so sorry to hear of the misfortune that has fallen upon your wife and you. I have a personal relationship with The Big Chief in the Sky and I'll ask Him to favor you all with nothing but blue skies ahead.
06-25-2018, 06:55 AM   #11
Veteran Member

Charlie, thinking of both you and your lovely wife. Knowing she is getting all the love and attention she needs from you will speed her recovery for sure. Keep us posted on her recovery.
06-25-2018, 07:15 AM   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

What a nightmare. Hope she is recovering quickly.
06-25-2018, 07:30 AM   #13
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Geez, Capn - I'm so sorry you and yours are having to go through this. I'll be thinking and praying for you guys - hang in there!

Jer
06-25-2018, 10:30 AM   #14
F/8 & Somewhere
Loyal Site Supporter

Wishing her a speedy recovery. A lot of drama in your well-shown story. We're pulling for her.
06-25-2018, 11:48 AM   #15
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Charlie, sorry hear this but wishing the best for a full recovery!
Take care,
« Sunrise | fishin' »