Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
2 Likes  #1
Gray Catbird
Lens: DA 55-300 PLM Camera: KP Photo Location: Liberty, Maine ISO: 400 Shutter Speed: 1/125s Aperture: F5.6 
Posted By: SSGGeezer, 06-23-2018, 03:14 PM

A gray , or Grey for our Canadian readers, Catbird visited my suet feeder this afternoon just as some rain showers began. Here are a few I took that I thought might be acceptable.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX KP  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX KP  Photo 

Views: 580
06-23-2018, 03:22 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Very nice photos. Bokeh is excellent.

We only had catbirds once at our property. They actually nested . When they were here, was a year our area was being hit by a Forest Tent Caterpillar 'plague' ...many trees were were stripped of leaves, except for one tree...ours...which was right in front of the bush where they had their nest. My wife was gardening one day near the bush and one of the catbirds started to meow and provided a pretense of being injured...I'm assuming to lure the possible danger (my wife) away from the bush. BTW she left the area and all returned to normal.

We could see the pair of catbirds in the tree with beak fulls of caterpillars...flying from tree to bush and vice versa. We were glad the pair decided to nest on our property that year.
06-23-2018, 03:45 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by lesmore49 Quote
We could see the pair of catbirds in the tree with beak fulls of caterpillars...flying from tree to bush and vice versa. We were glad the pair decided to nest on our property that year.
I am glad they are here then! My plum trees where the catbird is have suffered from those evil tent critters the last two years. none seen on my place this year though. Thanks for the kind words! I figured i need to at least try to take a few images every day. I onl;y have shot about 900-1000 over the last five days.
06-23-2018, 04:09 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Very nice, thanks for sharing

06-23-2018, 04:53 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Beautiful! Love the black round eyes =)