Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
5 Likes  #1
Sunset at Binna Burra (Q7 and 06)
Lens: 06 Camera: Q7 Photo Location: Binna Burra, Australia ISO: 200 Shutter Speed: 1/160s Aperture: F2.8 
Posted By: PJ1, 06-24-2018, 04:16 AM

Giving my (new to me) Q7 a run at Binna Burra Lodge - a rainforest retreat in the mountains behind the Gold Coast. Right now the rainforest is very dry but some moisture might be on the way next week (hopefully). I used the "Brilliant color" setting for these. I think it works OK. Certainly the result is more like the impression on the eye than a "normal" out of camera shot.

The first pic is the view at sunset looking north down the Coomera Valley, which is shrouded in smoke from a burn off on Mt Tambourine (some Aussies will be familiar with the places). The second pic is the sunset just after the sun had dipped below the horizon.

Views: 645
06-24-2018, 05:57 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by PJ1 Quote
Giving my (new to me) Q7 a run at Binna Burra Lodge - a rainforest retreat in the mountains behind the Gold Coast. Right now the rainforest is very dry but some moisture might be on the way next week (hopefully). I used the "Brilliant color" setting for these. I think it works OK. Certainly the result is more like the impression on the eye than a "normal" out of camera shot.

The first pic is the view at sunset looking north down the Coomera Valley, which is shrouded in smoke from a burn off on Mt Tambourine (some Aussies will be familiar with the places). The second pic is the sunset just after the sun had dipped below the horizon.

Good photography and thank you sharing. cheers
06-24-2018, 08:19 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Very nice, it almost like a movie scene in your first photo, the mist rising up
06-24-2018, 10:24 AM   #4
Inactive Account

Well done! I like both shots.

06-24-2018, 10:37 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Beautiful!
06-24-2018, 12:37 PM   #6