Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
Photos from the N. American west coast
Lens: Rokinon KA 16mm 1:2 Camera: Fujifilm X-T20 Photo Location: Vancouver Island ISO: 200 Shutter Speed: 1/350s Aperture: F2 
Posted By: goldenhr18, 06-25-2018, 01:44 PM

Lilac

Hi ; )

This is partly an informal lens review (since no testing was done on a Pentax camera).

Please note that the manual lens line from Elite Brands: Rokinon, Samyang, Bower etc., includes several for full frame. Also that the Pentax versions have an 'A' setting, which I specified for the 16mm f2. That one is an APS-C lens, good for landscapes wide open.

My wall test from three metres show it to be seriously sharp one stop down, at f2.8.

Cheers

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
X-T20  Photo 

Views: 297
06-25-2018, 04:01 PM   #2
Resident Bagpiper
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Nice photo
06-26-2018, 07:15 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
This wide lens is one for me to consider . Thanks for posting this.
06-26-2018, 12:16 PM   #4

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Reply re: the lilac photo

QuoteOriginally posted by bertwert Quote
Nice photo
Hi bertwert -

Thank you for the nice comments.

And in general, please excuse any typos. I wear glasses, use a small screen device and some days I just can't handle the flourescent lights. They can't be replaced with LEDs soon enough!

Cheers goldenhr18

---------- Post added 06-26-18 at 12:27 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by pichaser Quote
This wide lens is one for me to consider . Thanks for posting this.
Hi pichaser -

About the Rokinon 16mm f2, yes it is a marvelous lens (I also have the 85mm f1.4 in Fujifilm X mount). I get crazy fast shutter speeds in daylight at f2 on the 16mm which is a well-balanced if large piece of glass and aluminum, and landscapes look terrific.

O.T. - One additional advantage to the Pentax mount, besides handling a Pentax (!), is that Fotodiox and Kipon provide extra value adapters.

Fotodiox has a macro-focusing one with filters, and also a shift adapter, for instance. Of course that depends on whether you have double-duty camera systems including mirrorless. Just sayin'.

Samyang has a shift lens too and so does, or did, Pentax. But those are pretty expensive.,

Regards, goldenhr18