Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 13 Likes Search this Thread
10 Likes  #1
A bleak and beautiful Reynisdrangar sunset. Iceland
Lens: Leica Vario-Elmarit-SL 24-90mm Camera: Leica SL ISO: 50 Shutter Speed: Above 6s Aperture: F11 
Posted By: The Madshutter, 06-26-2018, 12:18 AM

A bleak and beautiful winter sunset at Reynisdrangar, taken during a Workshop I led in Iceland last February. Leica SL, Leica Vario-Elmarit-SL 24-90mm and filters Formatt-Hitech Firecrest Ultra. Thank you for viewing, best regards

Vieri

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
LEICA SL (Typ 601)  Photo 

Views: 1,523
06-26-2018, 01:49 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Very good, si riconosce lo stile
06-26-2018, 04:25 AM   #3
SJM
Veteran Member

Excellent image.
06-26-2018, 08:01 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Very nice, I'll need to make my way to Iceland one day, all the photos I see show awesome landscapes

06-26-2018, 08:22 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Very nice and is different than your usual style.
06-26-2018, 09:38 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Looks magical, Vieri. Top-notch, as always.

Jer
06-26-2018, 10:28 AM   #7
Pentaxian

Looks like the black sands of Lanzarote...with colder looking scenery...lovely image Vieri.

06-26-2018, 10:32 AM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Spectacular & otherworldly-looking image!
06-26-2018, 01:29 PM   #9
F/8 & Somewhere
Loyal Site Supporter

Great balance and color. Certainly could be other-worldly - an ice planet. Excellent. Thanks.
06-27-2018, 12:03 AM - 1 Like   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by LensBeginner Quote
Very good, si riconosce lo stile
Thank you very much indeed for your comment, much appreciated!

QuoteOriginally posted by SJM Quote
Excellent image.
Thank you very much, much appreciated indeed!

QuoteOriginally posted by bertwert Quote
Very nice, I'll need to make my way to Iceland one day, all the photos I see show awesome landscapes
Yes, Iceland is amazing!! One of the most incredible light I have ever worked with, and I really can't wait to be back there next spring for my next Workshop

QuoteOriginally posted by bscott Quote
Very nice and is different than your usual style.
Thank you very much, glad you enjoyed it! I actually have a lot of photographs in this style, but it seems that the internet's usual 2-3 second attention span is more attracted by fiery sunsets and sunrises than it is by subdued-colour images such as this, which often get lost in the "visual traffic" - therefore, I tend to mix my posting between the two. Personally, I love to photograph under any light, and love a great, burning sky as everyone else, but I myself lean a bit more towards this kind of more minimalist, intimate photography.

QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
Looks magical, Vieri. Top-notch, as always.

Jer
Thank yo very much indeed Jer, your comments are always very much appreciated, glad you enjoyed this one as well!

QuoteOriginally posted by photomax7 Quote
Looks like the black sands of Lanzarote...with colder looking scenery...lovely image Vieri.
I have never been to Lanzarote, but I am planning to - the sands and geology look amazing, without the cold and ice (which makes for an easier time in the field! ). I love Iceland because of the light, though, plus I think that ice + warm skies (when they happen) make for a great contrast, both chromatic and "philosophic", so to speak... Thank you very much, glad you enjoyed it!

QuoteOriginally posted by paulh Quote
Spectacular & otherworldly-looking image!
Thank you very much indeed, glad you enjoyed it!

QuoteOriginally posted by TedH42 Quote
Great balance and color. Certainly could be other-worldly - an ice planet. Excellent. Thanks.
Thank you very much for your comment Ted, glad you enjoyed it! Yes, Iceland has definitely an other-worldly feel to it, both because of the nature of the landscape and because of the nature of the light - especially in winter with the sun never rising far above the horizon.

Best regards,

Vieri
06-27-2018, 12:53 AM   #11
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by The Madshutter Quote
Thank you very much indeed for your comment, much appreciated!

Thank you very much, much appreciated indeed!

Yes, Iceland is amazing!! One of the most incredible light I have ever worked with, and I really can't wait to be back there next spring for my next Workshop

Thank you very much, glad you enjoyed it! I actually have a lot of photographs in this style, but it seems that the internet's usual 2-3 second attention span is more attracted by fiery sunsets and sunrises than it is by subdued-colour images such as this, which often get lost in the "visual traffic" - therefore, I tend to mix my posting between the two. Personally, I love to photograph under any light, and love a great, burning sky as everyone else, but I myself lean a bit more towards this kind of more minimalist, intimate photography.

Thank yo very much indeed Jer, your comments are always very much appreciated, glad you enjoyed this one as well!

I have never been to Lanzarote, but I am planning to - the sands and geology look amazing, without the cold and ice (which makes for an easier time in the field! ). I love Iceland because of the light, though, plus I think that ice + warm skies (when they happen) make for a great contrast, both chromatic and "philosophic", so to speak... Thank you very much, glad you enjoyed it!

Thank you very much indeed, glad you enjoyed it!

Thank you very much for your comment Ted, glad you enjoyed it! Yes, Iceland has definitely an other-worldly feel to it, both because of the nature of the landscape and because of the nature of the light - especially in winter with the sun never rising far above the horizon.

Best regards,

Vieri
I think you'd enjoy Lanzarote...plenty of photo opportunities there...like Iceland but warmer.
06-28-2018, 03:34 AM   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by photomax7 Quote
I think you'd enjoy Lanzarote...plenty of photo opportunities there...like Iceland but warmer.
I am sure I would! Even if I really like the cold, after a couple of weeks in Iceland shooting before dawn and after dusk a bit of that Lanzarote warmth surely sounds great...

Best regards,

Vieri
07-22-2018, 12:44 PM   #13
Custom User Title
Loyal Site Supporter

A bleak and beautiful winter sunset at Reynisdrangar, taken during a Workshop I led in Iceland last February. Leica SL, Leica Vario-Elmarit-SL 24-90mm and filters Formatt-Hitech Firecrest Ultra. Thank you for viewing, best regards

Vieri
incredible shot! now this is an image!
07-23-2018, 12:05 AM - 1 Like   #14
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by FozzFoster Quote
incredible shot! now this is an image!
Thank you very much indeed, glad you enjoyed it! Best regards,

Vieri
07-25-2018, 12:50 PM   #15
Pentaxian

Vieri
It looks so magical!