Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
2 Likes  #1
Old photog gets a thrill
Lens: DFA 150-450 Camera: K-3II Photo Location: Lancaster 
Posted By: pichaser, 06-26-2018, 07:00 AM

My first move out on steep (for me) hill overlooking this lake gave me a surprise view of this raft of white pelicans . The intention was to get a possible shot of some cormorants in the opposite direction. After a few clicks I noticed my lens hood was gone !! So the search pattern begins with some dark thoughts about expense vs falling into the lake . A whirring sound of very large wings alerted me to make this second shot . No time to make sure the shutter speed was at least the reciprocal of the focal length . Luck has been my greatest ally many a time. The hood turned up on the way back .

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3 II  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3 II  Photo 

Views: 608
06-26-2018, 07:10 AM   #2
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
Both shots turned out well. And Lady luck was with you again.
06-26-2018, 07:55 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Birds in the wild can be exciting . Thanks for commenting .
06-26-2018, 08:03 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Quite cool, thanks for sharing