Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Vader's Dishwasher!
Posted By: cputeq, 09-13-2008, 10:41 AM

Heya Pentaxians! It's been a while since I've posted, being busy with other things and generally photography uninspired. I took a few shots recently, though, and thought I would share (Disclaimer - Shot with Canon 40D, but we're here for the art yes?)

Not HDR, but me processing it makes it sorta look HDRish

Bridge Pedestrian (heavy crop)

Vader's Dishwasher! (70's styling yay!)

Thanks for looking!
Views: 1,530
09-13-2008, 10:50 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
first and last are my favourite. first becauser it is perfect, last because it is awesome. I want a camera that looks like that! and im not joking!

your HDR one is nice. The whole idea behind HDR, when the first ever film photographers started it off, was to have a photo with both sky and ground. As long as you keep with the fundamentals like you have it looks nice. All this haloing and flattening just doesnt work. Is it one shot split-processed or multiple exposure?
09-13-2008, 11:54 AM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by IsaacEastgate Quote
first and last are my favourite. first becauser it is perfect, last because it is awesome. I want a camera that looks like that! and im not joking!

your HDR one is nice. The whole idea behind HDR, when the first ever film photographers started it off, was to have a photo with both sky and ground. As long as you keep with the fundamentals like you have it looks nice. All this haloing and flattening just doesnt work. Is it one shot split-processed or multiple exposure?
It's not HDR at all, read closely

I did not have my tripod with me during the shoot, since me and the wife had just gone really to eat and I decided to tote the camera just in case.

But, I added fill light to the dark areas, recovery at 100% (still blown clouds but I like the effect) and then I upped Clarity. This is using Lightroom 1.4

After everything was done, it sorta looks like a "realistic" HDR, but I wish I actually did have about 5 exposures to play with to see how much better a real HDR would be.

Thanks for your comments!
09-13-2008, 01:44 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I like the first shot the best. very nice!

09-13-2008, 02:01 PM   #5
Veteran Member

I think everyone has different definitions. The way i see it, if you have made the highlights and shadows more visible then it is a high dynamic range image. Whether you use 5 exposures, 4 esposures, or 1 exposure, the fundamental idea is there...

personally, i use one raw file and convert it once dark and once normal, and then stick them together.

Incidentally, does anyone know of a camera that looks like it should belong to knightrider? A bit like the black program plus but way more awesome... it might have been an olympus or something? i saw it once and havent found one since.
09-13-2008, 08:09 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Art is art but a Pentax is a work of art

Say no more LOL

cheers