Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 6 Likes Search this Thread
4 Likes  #1
The Best of "My Foliage Photos." Vol.#1
Lens: Various Camera: Various 
Posted By: Dewman, 07-03-2018, 08:05 AM

I've found that when photographing flowers, often the foliage around them are as interesting as the flowers themselves. Thanks for viewing.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-30  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-50  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-r  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-50  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-50  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-50  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-50  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-50  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-50  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-50  Photo 

Views: 761
07-03-2018, 12:12 PM   #2
maw
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Dewman Quote
I've found that when photographing flowers, often the foliage around them are as interesting as the flowers themselves. Thanks for viewing.
Hi Dewman,

Beautiful compositions, in some I perceive that you have used flash, I think, but the variety of colors is very good,

Many congratulations, Mario
07-03-2018, 12:17 PM - 1 Like   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by maw Quote
Hi Dewman,

Beautiful compositions, in some I perceive that you have used flash, I think, but the variety of colors is very good,

Many congratulations, Mario

FLASH? NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I detest using flash for anything other than Thanksgiving and Christmas festivities!

I can guarantee you that EVERY SINGLE IMAGE was nothing but available, NATURAL light!
07-03-2018, 12:31 PM   #4
maw
Pentaxian

FLASH? NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I detest using flash for anything
But sometimes and in many contexts it is essential to shape what sunlight cannot always do.

07-03-2018, 12:34 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
The colors and textures in these photos are outstanding! Thanks for sharing them.
07-03-2018, 12:52 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by maw Quote
But sometimes and in many contexts it is essential to shape what sunlight cannot always do.

If natural light won't provide the effect I want, then I won't photograph it! It's as simple as that! But, that's just me. Opinions vary.
07-03-2018, 03:13 PM   #7
PJ1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nice set, Dewey. I particularly like the fifth and seventh (the thistles). You give me hope as an available light shooter.

07-03-2018, 04:23 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by PJ1 Quote
Nice set, Dewey. I particularly like the fifth and seventh (the thistles). You give me hope as an available light shooter.

Thanks for the kind words, Peter. I've found that the time of day and the background are two of the most important variables in a photograph. Flash always tends (at least for me) to degrade a great deal of the texture of the subject. Again, that's just my approach. I'm sure there are other methods that will also produce great results.
07-03-2018, 09:23 PM   #9
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Have been following your "Best of" series. You've got a nice portfolio Mr. Dewman. I'm hoping good things come your way and before long you will be posting images from new adventures. Keep your chin up and take care.
07-04-2018, 04:06 AM - 1 Like   #10
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by DW58 Quote
Have been following your "Best of" series. You've got a nice portfolio Mr. Dewman. I'm hoping good things come your way and before long you will be posting images from new adventures. Keep your chin up and take care.

Thanks so much for the kind words of encouragement, Dave. I'm doing my best to overcome the health issues that confront me. Some times, I feel overwhelmed, but I'm pretty stubborn and don't give in easily. I miss being able to get out and about, especially with the beautiful weather we're having this time of year in Idaho.

I appreciate the fact that you've been following my "Best of" posts. I means more than you know. Participating in The Pentax Forum has become an important part of my rehabilitation.
07-04-2018, 06:13 AM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The oblique light in the last one is fantastic. I love the texture it reveals in the leaves.
07-14-2018, 08:30 AM   #12
Veteran Member

Great series and lovely the colourful. Top the best photos and thank you. Cheers