Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

Finally!!! Soccer time again
Posted By: mel, 09-14-2008, 11:25 AM

I know you will all get tired of my soccer shots and will start ignoring me soon. But I'll pretend I don't know that because it's the first games of the season and I'm giddy with excitement. I haven't gone through all of them yet and I think I may have a decent penalty kick sequence, but darn pesky job gets in the way of all my fun.

So humor me. I love this game. We're white, it's u16. We won 1-0 on a pk. The cards were coming out of the ref's pocket and the other team's coach was sent off. I'm sure there will be more to follow. And I still have the u10s to go through.

Views: 3,741
09-26-2008, 05:19 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Nice action shots Mel and what colour! Can't wait to see what you do with real football.

Tom G

09-26-2008, 08:40 AM   #17
mel
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by 8540tomg Quote
Nice action shots Mel and what colour! Can't wait to see what you do with real football.

Tom G
Real football. Ha ha funny. Just kidding!! We're big fans of that game around here too and watch a lot of college and pro. I have two kids in highschool (different ones) but neither of them have anything to do with anything that happens at the football games, nor do they even like to go to them so unfortunately I haven't found myself with a reason to go. I really need to get on those kids of mine!

Thanks!
09-26-2008, 07:08 PM   #18
Veteran Member

[QUOTE=mel;342962]Thanks!
What do you mean by range? Focol length of lens? All I have that gives me any kind of reach is a shamefully cheap Quantaray 70-300mm. Then I run up and down the sidelines as much as I can trying to keep the action coming toward me (I had quite the workout myself). I got lucky this time as all the teams and spectators took one side of the field, leaving the other to me and the AR. On top of that, the side they took was the side looking into the sun. When the action is on my side of the field, I find that 70mm is too close, and on the far side, 300mm is too far away. I've convinced myself that a BIGMA (see all caps Mike) is a necessity for this.

You think you had a workout running up and down the feild with a 70-300, wait until you strap a BgMa on that K10 then it is park and waite for them to come to you. Still getting aquainted with mine. :ugh: It is possible to shoot at 500 free hand with good light, but you had better be in super good shape to run and shoot with it at 500mm.
10-02-2008, 12:50 PM   #19

Looking Good Mel!

I take photo's of both my Son's Teams every weekend and post them up on Picasa Web albums for the Parents. I do miss the U16/U19 game (my oldest boys used to play it) but it's fun watching the U8 & U12 game too.

I use a cheap ($30!) Promaster 200mm F3.3, built in Hood and added a CPL. I shoot wide open or 5.6 for the small DOF....it's a 100% manual lens and hard as hell, but I get some winners every game...